Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5) vs New England Patriots (2-10)
2023-12-07 20:15:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -6 -- Over/Under: 30.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The New England Patriots are riding a rough 5-game losing streak. The Pittsburgh Steelers look to stay in the playoff race after winning 5 of their last 8 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers prediction.
New England Patriots Betting Preview
The New England Patriots have lost to the Dolphins, Commanders, Colts, Giants and Chargers during this losing streak. The Pats have scored a combined 13 points in their last 3 games. Mac Jones is completing 64.9 percent of his passes for 2,120 yards, 10 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Demario Douglas and Kendrick Bourne have combined for 816 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Hunter Henry has 32 receptions. The New England Patriots ground game is averaging 103.7 yards per contest, and Rhamondre Stevenson leads the way with 619 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, New England is allowing 21.2 points and 310.5 yards per game. Ja’Whaun Bentley leads the New England Patriots with 79 tackles, Matthew Judon has 4 sacks and Kyle Dugger has 2 interceptions.
New England Patriots Team Facts
- The Patriots have lost each of their last six December games against AFC opponents.
- The Patriots have failed to cover the spread in 12 of their last 13 games as underdogs.
- The Patriots have won the first quarter in each of their last two Thursday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Patriots have lost the first half in each of their last seven games in December.
- The Patriots have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games against the Steelers.
Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Preview
The Pittsburgh Steelers were upset by the Cardinals last week, but they haven’t lost two straight games this season. The Steelers have seen 4 of their 7 wins come at home. Kenny Pickett is completing 62 percent of his passes for 2,070 yards, 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. George Pickens and Deontae Johnson have combined for 1,166 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns, while Jaylen Warren has 38 receptions. The Pittsburgh Steelers ground game is averaging 115.3 yards per contest, and Najee Harris leads the way with 661 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Pittsburgh is allowing 19.1 points and 348.3 yards per game. Elandon Roberts leads the Pittsburgh Steelers with 80 tackles, T.J. Watt has 14 sacks and Levi Wallace has 2 interceptions.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Facts
- The Steelers have won each of their last seven games following a loss.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in each of their last seven games following a loss.
- The Steelers have lost the first quarter in each of their last seven December games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Steelers have lost the first half in each of their last eight December games against AFC opponents.
- The Steelers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games following a home loss.
New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers Prediction
I don’t want to back the Patriots and this horrible offense as much as the next guy, but laying a touchdown with the Steelers and Mitch Trubisky isn’t an option. Say what you want about the Patriots and that offense. Yes, it’s been horrible. But the Patriots at least still get after it defensively. The Patriots are eighth in total defense, third against the run and 15th in scoring defense. With Trubisky at quarterback, the Steelers have their work cut out for them. Ugly, ugly game. I want the points.