The Buffalo Bills and Washington Commanders meet Sunday in week 3 NFL action at FedExField. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Buffalo Bills Betting Preview
The Buffalo Bills look for their first road win to get above a .500 record. The Bills have won 5 of their last 7 road games. Josh Allen is completing 76.9 percent of his passes for 510 yards, 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis have combined for 292 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Dalton Kincaid has 9 receptions. The Buffalo Bills ground game is averaging 140 yards per contest, and James Cook leads the way with 169 yards on 29 carries. Defensively, Buffalo is allowing 16 points and 264.5 yards per game. Terrel Bernard leads the Buffalo Bills with 17 tackles, Leonard Floyd has 1.5 sacks and Matt Milano has 2 interceptions.
Buffalo Bills Team Facts
- The Bills have won seven of their last eight Week 3 games.
- The Bills have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 September games against NFC opponents.
- The Bills have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games as road favorites following a win.
- The Bills have won the first half in seven of their last eight games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bills have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight Week 3 games.
Washington Commanders Betting Preview
The Washington Commanders look for their second home win to remain undefeated on the season. The Commanders look for their first 3-0 start since 2005 when Mark Brunell was the quarterback. Sam Howell is completing 65.7 percent of his passes for 501 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. Terry McLaurin and Curtis Samuel have combined for 158 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Logan Thomas has 6 receptions. The Washington Commanders ground game is averaging 107 yards per contest, and Brian Robinson Jr. leads the way with 146 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Washington is allowing 24.5 points and 304.5 yards per game. Kamren Curl leads the Washington Commanders with 19 tackles, Montez Sweat has 3 sacks and Emmanuel Forbes has 1 interception.
Washington Commanders Team Facts
- The Commanders have won four of their last five Sunday games as underdogs.
- The Commanders have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games against AFC East opponents.
- The Commanders have won the first quarter in each of their last three games as home underdogs against AFC East opponents.
- The Commanders have lost the first half in each of their last nine September games as underdogs.
- The Commanders have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games played on the East Coast.
- The Commanders ranked 3rd in the NFL in yards allowed per game (304.6) last season
- The Commanders ranked 4th in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (191.3) last season
- The Bills ranked 32nd in the NFL in total punt yards (2146) last season
- The Bills ranked 1st in the AFC East for points scored per game last season (28.4)
The Bills haven't had the toughest schedule through two games, playing the Jets and Raiders, and yet they've looked shaky up to this point and have had issues stopping the run. Many weren't high on the Washington Commanders entering the season, but here they are with a 2-0 record, which includes a comeback win last week over the Broncos on the road. The Commanders have the seventh-best total offense, and the defense will only improve as Chase Young gets more reps under his belt. Lots of points here. Give me the Commanders and the free touchdown.