Buffalo Sabres (10-12-2) vs Nashville Predators (11-12)
2023-12-03 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Buffalo Sabres -125 / Nashville Predators +101 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Nashville Predators and the Buffalo Sabres meet in NHL action from the KeyBank Center on Sunday. Two teams coming in on back-to-back losses square off on Sunday, who comes out on top? Let’s dive in and give out a Predators vs. Sabres Prediction.
Nashville Predators Team Preview
The Nashville Predators come into this one on the heels of back-to-back losses after a 4-3 loss to the New York Rangers last time out. Filip Forsberg leads the Predators in scoring with 27 points including a team-high 12 goals and 15 assists while Ryan O’Reilly has 21 points with 11 goals of his own and 10 assists. Gustav Nyquist has 17 points with 14 assists while Roman Josi has 17 points of his own with 12 assists. Juuse Saros has made 18 starts in goal for Nashville this season, going 8-10 with a 3.17 GAA and an .895 save percentage while Kevin Lankinen is 3-2 with a 3.04 GAA and a .902 save percentage this season.
Nashville Predators Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Predators’ last three games at KeyBank Center.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in seven of the Predators’ last eight games at KeyBank Center.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Predators’ last 13 games as underdogs.
- The Predators have lost the third period in each of their last four night games following a loss.
Buffalo Sabres Team Preview
The Buffalo Sabres come into this one looking to bounce back from a 6-2 loss to Carolina last time out. Casey Mittelstadt leads the Sabres in scoring with 21 points including a team-high 16 assists while Rasmus Dahlin has 20 points with 15 assists. JJ Peterka and Jeff Skinner each have 18 points apiece with 10 goals and 8 assists each while Alex Tuch has 17 points with 8 goals and 9 assists. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen has a 6-4-1 record with a 2.88 GAA and an .905 save percentage while Devon Levi is 3-4-1 with a 3.66 GAA and an .879 save percentage this season in goal for the Sabres.
Buffalo Sabres Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the last four games between the Predators and Sabres.
- The Sabres have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last 10 games as home favorites following a road loss.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Sabres’ last six home games against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Sabres have won the third period in each of their last five games following a road loss.
- The Buffalo Sabres ranks 25th in the league in power play percentage this season (14.08%).
- The Buffalo Sabres ranks 29th in the league for Period 1 goals allowed per game this season (1.33).
- The Nashville Predators ranks 29th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (72.97%).
- The Nashville Predators ranks 3rd in the league for Period 1 goals scored per game this season (1.26).
Predators vs. Sabres Prediction
I’m rocking with the over here. I just don’t trust either defense right now, and both of these teams have been involved in a lot of high-scoring games as of late and more often than not it’s because they’ve been picking the puck up out of the back of the net. I don’t necessarily trust either side defensively in this spot, with both travelling in on the back-to-back for this game. I think this is a 4-3 kind of game here, so give me the over.