The Seattle Kraken and the Edmonton Oilers meet in NHL action from Rogers Place on Wednesday night.
Kraken Fall To Avalanche
The Seattle Kraken come into this one fresh off of back-to-back losses following a 5-1 loss to Colorado last time out. Jaden Schwartz leads the Kraken with 14 points including a team-high 8 goals and 6 assists while Oliver Bjorkstrand has 12 points split between 6 goals and 6 assists. Vince Dunn has 14 points with a team-high 12 assists and Jared McCann’s added 9 points with 6 goals while Eeli Tolvanen has 9 points with 6 assists as well this season. Joey Daccord has gone 2-2-3 with a 2.89 GAA and a .903 save percentage in goal for Seattle this season while Philipp Grubauer is 3-6 with a 3.37 GAA and an .891 save percentage this season.
Seattle Kraken Team Facts
- The Kraken have lost each of their last five games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Kraken have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six games as underdogs against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Kraken have lost the third period in each of their last five night games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Kraken's last six games against Pacific Division opponents.
Oilers Crush Islanders
The Edmonton Oilers come into this one looking to build on back-to-back wins after their 4-1 win over the Islanders last time out. Leon Draisaitl has a team-high 19 points with 6 goals and 13 assists while Evan Bouchard has 12 points and Zach Hyman has 14 points with Bouchard logging 3 goals and 9 assists while Hyman has a team-high 8 goals and 6 assists. Connor McDavid and Evander Kane each have 12 points with 9 assists as well on the year. Jack Campbell has gone 1-4 with a 4.50 GAA and an .873 save percentage in goal for Edmonton while Stuart Skinner is 3-5-1 with a 3.27 GAA and an .876 save percentage this season.
Edmonton Oilers Team Facts
- The Oilers have lost five of their last six games as favorites following a win.
- The Oilers have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last five games following a home win.
- The Oilers have lost the second period in each of their last four home games against Western Conference opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Oilers' last 13 games as home favorites.
- The Edmonton Oilers ranks 29th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.71).
- The Edmonton Oilers ranks 28th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (71.70%).
- The Seattle Kraken ranks 29th in the league for goals per game this season (2.50).
- The Seattle Kraken ranks 29th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (71.43%).
I’m rocking with the over here. The 4-1 Oilers win when these two met just a few days ago was the first over in 8 all-time meetings between these two teams. Other than that, it’s been goals galore and to be expected with such porous goaltending on both sides with solid offensive units. I think we get back to that here as that was just an anomaly from a normally weak Edmonton goaltending group and I think we have another offensive showcase here. Give me the over.