The Vegas Golden Knights and Montreal Canadiens meet Thursday in NHL action at the Bell Centre. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Vegas Golden Knights Betting Preview
The Vegas Golden Knights need a win after losing 3 of their last 4 games. The Vegas Golden Knights have won 4 of their last 6 road games. The Vegas Golden Knights are averaging 3.44 goals per game and are scoring on 21.6 percent of their power play opportunities. William Karlsson leads Vegas with 8 goals, Mark Stone has 10 assists and Jack Eichel has 66 shots on goal. Defensively, the Vegas Golden Knights are allowing 2.19 goals per game and are killing 86 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Logan Thompson has given up 16 goals on 213 shots faced, and Adin Hill has allowed 16 goal on 262 shots.
Vegas Golden Knights Team Facts
- The underdogs have won four of the Golden Knights' last five games.
- The Golden Knights have covered the puck line in each of their last nine night games against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Golden Knights have won the third period in each of their last four night games at Bell Centre.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in 13 of the Golden Knights' last 14 games.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview
The Montreal Canadiens need a win after losing 6 of their last 8 games. The Montreal Canadiens have split their last 8 home games. The Montreal Canadiens are averaging 2.75 goals per game and are scoring on 21.5 percent of their power play opportunities. Sean Monahan leads Montreal with 6 goals, Cole Caufield has 9 assists and Mike Matheson has 44 shots on goal. Defensively, the Montreal Canadiens are allowing 3.31 goals per game and are killing 77.3 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jake Allen has given up 21 goals on 236 shots faced, and Sam Montembeault has allowed 22 goals on 240 shots.
Montreal Canadiens Team Facts
- The Canadiens have lost each of their last six games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in nine of the last 10 games between the Golden Knights and Canadiens.
- The road team has won the third period in five of the last six games between the Golden Knights and Canadiens.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Canadiens' last nine Thursday at Bell Centre.
The Montreal Canadiens are going nowhere fast with losses in 6 of their last 8 games and the offense can't get out of the mud. The Vegas Golden Knights have done some of their best work this season on the road, and their defense should continue to bottle up this Habs lack of offensive explosion. My only option here is to side with Vegas and the PL for max betting value.