The New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils meet in NHL action from the Prudential Center on Saturday night.
Rangers Win 3rd Straight
The New York Rangers come into this one on the heels of a 4-3 shootout win over Columbus last time out. Artemi Panarin leads the Rangers in scoring with 24 points including 8 goals and a team-high 16 assists while Chris Kreider has 14 points with a team-high 10 goals. Alexis Lafreniere, Vincent Trocheck and Adam Fox each have 11 points with Lafreniere logging 7 goals and 4 assists while Trocheck has 7 assists and Fox has logged 8 assists this season. Erik Gustafsson and Mika Zibanejad each have 10 points with Gustafsson logging 3 goals and 7 assists while Zibanejad has 8 assists. Igor Shesterkin has gone 6-2 with a 2.36 GAA and a .913 save percentage while Jonathan Quick is 4-0-1 with a 1.98 GAA and a .928 save percentage between the pipes for the Rangers this season.
New York Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last seven games against the Devils after coming off a shootout.
- The Rangers have covered the puck line in five of their last six games at Prudential Center against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Rangers have lost the second period in each of their last six games following a home win.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last seven games against opponents on a losing streak.
Devils Snap Losing Streak
The New Jersey Devils come into this one looking to build on their 5-2 win over Pittsburgh last time out to snap their three-game losing streak. Jesper Bratt leads the Devils in scoring with 22 points including 8 goals and 14 assists while Jack Hughes has 20 points with a team-high 15 assists. Tyler Toffoli has 15 points with a team-high 9 goals while Dougie Hamilton and Timo Meier have 12 and 11 points respectively with each logging 5 goals as well this season. Vitek Vanecek has gone 7-3 with a 3.30 GAA and an .889 save percentage while Akira Schmid is 1-3-1 with a 3.46 GAA and an .885 save percentage this season.
New Jersey Devils Team Facts
- The Devils have won each of their last four games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Devils have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last eight games at Prudential Center.
- The Devils have won the third period in six of their last seven games at Prudential Center against opponents on a winning streak.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Devils' last seven games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The New Jersey Devils ranks 1st in the league in power play percentage this season (37.93%).
- The New Jersey Devils ranks 30th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.73).
- The New York Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for goals against per game this season (2.14).
- The New York Rangers ranks T2nd in the league in power play percentage this season (33.33%).
I’m sticking with the Rangers here. They’re just playing the far better hockey right now and while the Devils have owned a lot of the recent meetings between these two sides, I just feel like the Rangers are the better team in this game by a fair margin, especially with Jack Hughes still on the shelf for the Devils. Give me the Rangers to keep their strong run of form going.