The St. Louis Blues and the San Jose Sharks meet in NHL action from the SAP Center on Thursday night.
St. Louis Wins 3rd Straight
The St. Louis Blues kept the win streak alive with a 5-0 shutout win over the Tampa Bay Lightning in their last matchup. Robert Thomas leads the Blues in scoring with 16 points including team-highs of 6 goals and 16 assists while Brayden Schenn has 10 points split between 5 goals and 5 assists. Jordan Kyrou and Pavel Buchnevich each have 9 points with 4 goals and 5 assists. Kasperi Kapanen, Oskar Sundqvist and Justin Faulk each have 7 points with Faulk logging 7 assists while Kapanen has 3 goals with 4 assists and Sundqvist has 2 goals and 5 assists. Jordan Binnington’s gone 5-4-1 with a 2.27 GAA and a .930 save percentage between the pipes for St. Louis while Joel Hofer is 3-1 with a 2.50 GAA and a .918 save percentage this season.
St. Louis Blues Team Facts
- The Blues have won each of their last eight games against the Sharks.
- The Blues have covered the puck line in each of their last seven games against the Sharks.
- The Blues have won the third period in each of their last eight games against the Sharks.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Blues' last eight games following a home win.
Sharks Lose AGAIN
The San Jose Sharks will be hunting for a rare win after a 5-3 loss to the Florida Panthers last time out. Tomas Hertl has 3 goals and a team-high 8 assists for his team-leading 11 points while Fabian Zetterlund has 7 points with a team-high 4 goals. Anthony Duclair and William Eklund each have 5 points with Duclair logging 3 goals and 2 assists while Eklund has 2 goals and 3 assists. Filip Zadina and Luke Kunin each have 3 goals as well on the year. MacKenzie Blackwood’s gone 2-8-1 between the pipes for the Sharks this season, posting a 4.02 GAA and an .898 save percentage while Kaapo Kahkonen is 0-5 with a 4.44 GAA and an .875 save percentage this season.
San Jose Sharks Team Facts
- The Sharks have lost each of their last 16 night games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Sharks have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last seven games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Sharks have lost the third period in 11 of their last 12 games against Western Conference opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Sharks' last nine night games at SAP Center at San Jose against opponents on a winning streak.
- The San Jose Sharks ranks 32nd in the league for goals per game this season (1.31).
- The San Jose Sharks ranks 32nd in the league for goals against per game this season (4.44).
- The St. Louis Blues ranks 30th in the league in power play percentage this season (7.69%).
- The St. Louis Blues ranks 5th in the league for goals against per game this season (2.50).
I’m backing the Blues here. The Sharks are pretty much an auto fade this season and I can almost assure you that if you bet against them every game, even with the losses with some huge favorites, you’ll likely still come out ahead that’s how bad this Sharks team is. The Blues are starting to heat up and frankly aren’t a team I’m interested in stepping in front of right now. Give me St. Louis in this one.