10. #13 Seed Buffalo Bulls trample #4 Seed Arizona Wildcats - Last year, The Arizona Wildcats messed with The Bulls and they ended up in anguish from the Horns! The Buffalo Bulls hit shot after shot to stampede right over Deandre Ayton and The Arizona Wildcats in the opening round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. Don't count out CJ Massinburg and The Bulls this year.
9. #13 Seed Valparaiso Crusaders charged by the #4 Seed Ole Miss Rebels - Bryce Drew's shot heard around the world secured a historic opening round upset for the Valparaiso Crusaders when they defeated the Ole Miss Rebels. On a play called Pacer, Bryce Drew caught a tip pass along the sideline and drilled a game winning three-pointer. Drew's teammates piled on top of him in a scene that embodies what March Madness is all about. Valparaiso advanced to the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history.
8. #13 Seed Princeton Tigers scratch and claw to defeat the #4 Seed UCLA Bruins - The Princeton Offense puzzled The UCLA Bruins all night long. The Princeton Offense and its array of picks, cuts, and constant motion forced the defending champion UCLA Bruins to make an early exit in 1996 NCAA Tournament. Don't let the back-door hit you on the way out!
7. #15 Seed Hampton Pirates oust #2 Seed Iowa State Cyclone - Arrrr! The Hampton Pirates looted and conquered The Iowa State Cyclones in the opening round of the 2001 NCAA Tournament with 58-57 victory.
6. #15 Seed Coppin State Eagles rock #2 Seed South Carolina Gamecocks - In a David vs Goliath battle, the 30 point underdog Coppin State Eagles hurled and landed rock after rock to defeat the South Carolina Gamecocks in the 1997 NCAA Tournament. The Coppin State Eagles came out on top like David with a 78-65 victory.
5. #15 Seed Santa Clara Broncos upset #2 Seed Arizona Wildcats - Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa Clara's reserve guard and future NBA Star Steve Nash helped the Broncos through a parade of Arizona Wildcats, which featured the feisty Damon Stoudamire. The Parade's March turned into Madness when the Santa Clara Broncos busted through with a 64-61 victory over the Arizona Wildcats in the 1993 NCAA Tournament.
4. #15 Seed Florida Gulf Coast Eagles soar over #2 The Georgetown Hoyas - Welcome to Dunk City! A little place in the Florida Gulf Coast with alleys, and oops - I forgot to mention - high-flying humans! One of the greatest and most entertaining NCAA Cinderella stories of all-time, The Florida Gulf Coast Eagles glided over their opponents right into the Sweet 16 of the 2013 NCAA Tournament. Man, I want to revisit Dunk City!
3. #15 Seed Lehigh Mountain Hawks upset #2 Seed Duke Blue Devils - In a true battle of good versus evil, NBA Star CJ McCollum and the Lehigh Mountain Hawks tossed The Duke Blue Devils out of the tourney like the Angel Michael tossed Lucifer out of Heaven. Lehigh overpowered Duke in the First Round of the 2012 NCAA Tournament to earn a 75-70 victory.
2. #15 Seed Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders break #2 Seed Michigan State's Heart - Michigan State Head Coach Tom Izzo broke down in tears during his post-game interview when he realized his Denzel Valentine just played his last game for the Michigan State Spartans. In a stunning upset, Middle Tennessee State defeated The Spartans 90-81 in the 2016 NCAA Tournament. Giddy Potts remains one the best names in sports history!
1. #16 Seed University of Maryland Baltimore County Retrievers sneak by #1 Seed Virginia Cavaliers - Straight from the script of HBO’s hit series The Wire, The Baltimore County Retrievers outplayed the top seeded Virginia Cavaliers from the opening tip to achieve the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history. The end result: busted up brackets and incredible March Madness! "You come at the king, you best not miss" -Upsets Coming!