Some teams (helloooo, Steelers) have one favorite receiver, while other clubs like to spread the football around as much as possible. Today, we’re going to run through the NFL players who had the top ten most receptions during the 2014 regular season. Take note that there’s one lone running back on today’s list (that either says a whole lot for Da Bears’ starter or very little for their receiving corps).
1. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown connected with Big Ben 129 times last season.
2. Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas caught 111 of Peyton Manning’s passes in 2014.
3. Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones had 104 receptions over the course of last year.
4. Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte caught 102 passes last season, even leading the league in receptions early in the season.
5. Denver Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders had 101 receptions in 2014. Can you tell the Broncos are a passing offense?
6. Detroit Lions WR Golden Tate almost cracked three digits with 99 receptions in 2014.
7. Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson had 98 receptions last year.
8. New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman caught 92 passes from Tom Brady last season.
9. Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb connected with Aaron Rodgers for 91 catches last year.
(9*) 10. New York Giants WR Odell Beckham, Jr. also racked-up 91 receptions in 2014. Not bad for a rookie.