It doesn’t take a truly special NFL receiver to catch a short pass; just about any guy who made it into the league can do that. To make long receptions, though, takes real talent (and a Gronk-sized wingspan). Today, we’re going to look at the receivers who had the most 20+ yard catches during the 2014 NFL season.
1. Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones caught 31 passes that were thrown 20 or more yards down the field last season.
2. Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas had 25 20+ yard receptions last year.
3. Denver Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders caught 24 long passes from Peyton Manning in 2014.
(3*) 4. Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb also had 24 20+ yard receptions over the course of last season.
5. Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant caught 22 long passes from Tony Romo last year.
6. Philadelphia Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin combined with Nick Foles for 21 long catches in 2014.
(6*) 7. Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton caught 21 long bombs from Andrew Luck last year.
8. Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins (who will have to pick-up the slack left by Andre Johnson’s departure in 2015) caught 20 long passes last season.
(8*) 9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie WR Mike Evans also had 20 long receptions during the 2014 season.
10. Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson caught 19 passes that Aaron Rodgers threw 20 or more yards last year.
(10*) 11. New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski also had 19 long receptions over the course of the 2014 NFL season.
(10*) 12. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown (what would a receiving top ten be without him?) rounds-out today’s list with his 19 20+ yard catches last season.