Phew. What a weekend it was around here. I flew in from Vegas this AM to be greeted by the snowstorm of the decade (or at least of the year…) and just managed to successfully wake up. Hence the late column. Oops. Today (er…tonight), we’re going to take a look at the leading active rushing yards leaders from around the league.
1. Steven Jackson, age 31, has rushed for 11,148 yards during his NFL career, from 2004-2014.
2. Frank Gore, who also clocks-in at 31 years of age, has amassed 10,615 rushing yards from 2005-2014.
3. 29 year old Adrian Peterson (legal woes aside) is among the best RBs to ever play the game. Peterson has rushed for 10,190 yards from 2007-2014.
4. Chris Johnson (aka CJ2K), who is also 29 years old, has racked-up 8,325 rushing yards during the 2008-2014 seasons.
5. 28 year old Marshawn Lynch has 8,202 rushing yards during his career thus far. Lynch entered the league in 2007.
6. Maurice Jones-Drew, who is currently 29 years old, may not be as good as he once was, but has still tallied 8,141 rushing yards throughout his NFL career, which began in 2006.
7. 29 year old Matt Forte (this year’s current reception leader, if you’ll recall) has amassed 7,399 yards between 2008-2014.
8. 31 year old DeAngelo Williams holds today’s No. 8 spot with 6,825 career rushing yards. Williams’s NFL career began in 2006.
9. Jamaal Charles, at 28 years old, has rushed for 6,515 yards since the 2008 season.
10. LeSean "Shady" McCoy, who is the youngest player on today’s list at 26, entered the NFL in 2009 and already has 6,202 rushing yards.