Products You Should Own Before September Rolls Around
|Date & Time||Thursday March 6, 2014, 12:00 PM (EST)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Start your 7-day free trial today!|
There’s no time like the present to begin prepping for next season’s tailgates. In fact, the off-season is perfect for stocking up on everything you need (who doesn’t love a sale?) Today, we look at ten things you need to grab for cold weather tailgates during the 2014 season. Green Bay, Cleveland, Buffalo, and New England fans, this one’s for you.
1. A nice, warm hat is a necessity for fans in cold weather cities. The NFL has thoughtfully released an extensive line of stocking caps and caps with ear-flaps to prevent 98% of your body heat from escaping through your head. You're welcome, Lambeau.
2. We'll get the basics out of the way first. Gloves are a necessity at any chilly venue. Why not grab a pair of Nike's NFL Vapor Jet gloves to add to your game day attire? The specialized gripping surface was engineered to help the boys on the field, but you'll find it makes it easier to hang onto a bottle of beer in sub-zero temps too.
3. Layers are key on frigid Sunday afternoons. The NFL offers jackets and sweatshirts that are perfect for every member of your game day crew, from your toddler to your great-grandma.
4. Even if you can't take a fleece blanket into the stadium due to the NFL's new rules, this cozy option is ideal for the ladies in your group to bundle up in during hours of tailgating.
5. What's a beer without a koozie on a cold day? Show support for your team (and for ever-popular camo) with this great style.
6. These vintage style scarves are a great way to show support for your team without succumbing to the elements. All 32 teams are represented, though Miami fans will probably have to make annual trips to Buffalo, New England, and New York to get any use out of theirs. I've said it before and I'll say it again...one of these things in not like the other in the AFC East.
7. What female football fan doesn't need fuzzy pink boots for game days? Yes, that was rhetorical. Regardless, these are sure to be a hit among all of the gals in your tailgating crew.
8. Though these grill mats aren't specifically designed for cold weather fandoms, they will add a little bit of extra insulation between your shoes and potentially icy parking lots.
9. If your little ones ever accompany your crew when you tailgate, make sure to snap-up a pair of these adorable (and warm!) mittens for them.
10. Even your socks ought to display your team pride on any given Sunday. Check out this pair that would be perfect under boots!