If you’re a football fan, you have, at some point during your life, sat on a bar stool…or a couch…or a stadium seat and uttered the words “Oh, don’t worry, they’re a second half team” when your boys are down 38-0 (or something else equally terrible) at the half. Today, we’re going to look at the top ten teams that averaged the most 4th quarter points during the 2014 NFL season.
1. The Pittsburgh Steelers scored an average of 9.4 points in the 4th quarter last season, making them a huge second half threat.
2. The New Orleans Saints barely trail the Steelers, averaging 9.2 points in the 4th quarter in 2014. Not that it helped them much.
3. The Baltimore Ravens put-up an average of 8.8 points per 4th quarter last year.
4. The Seattle Seahawks scored an average of 8.6 points in the 4th quarter last season.
5. The Dallas Cowboys take today’s No. 5 spot with an average of 7.2 points per 4th quarter.
6. The Carolina Panthers put an average of 6.8 points per 4th quarter on the board last year.
(6*) 7. The Kansas City Chiefs also averaged 6.8 points in the 4th quarter in 2014.
8. The Buffalo Bills scored an average of 6.7 points in the 4th quarter last season.
(8*) 9. The New England Patriots also put-up an average 6.7 points per 4th quarter last year.
10. The Denver Broncos put an average of 6.6 points per 4th quarter on the board in 2014.