See If Your NFL Team's Fans Made Today's List
|Date & Time||Wednesday October 15, 2014, 12:00 PM (EDT)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Start your 7-day free trial today!|
Most NFL fans spend a good deal of money every year on football related gear. My Colts t-shirt collection probably stands somewhere in the fifties. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, we’re going to rank the top ten highest spending NFL fan bases.
1. The Green Bay Packers undoubtedly have some of the most loyal fans in the entire league. They’re also the only fan-owned franchise left. Their local fan base shows the team their love every year by spending an average of $390 per person. This number could be slightly inflated by the fact that the Green Bay metro area only has a population of 310,000, but it’s still impressive.
2. The New Orleans Saints’ fans hold today’s No. 2 spot with a median revenue of $86 per local fan. The New Orleans area is home to 1.2 million people.
3. With 1.1 million residents, the Buffalo, NY metro area is not one of the largest in the league. The Bills fans are loyal, though, spending an average of $77 per person every season.
4. The Tennessee Titans’ fans spend an average of $67 per person per year. Nashville is home to approximately 1.6 million people.
5. The Carolina Panthers have just about 1.8 million local fans. They spend a median amount of $63 per person every NFL season.
(5*) 6. The Indianapolis metropolitan area also houses approximately 1.8 million local Colts fans, who also spend an average of $63 apiece each year.
7. AFC South fans apparently really like spending money on their teams. The Jacksonville Jaguars’ fan base spends an average of $59 per person every year. Jville is home to about 1.4 million individuals.
8. The Dallas metropolitan area is one of the largest in the league, with a population of 6.5 million people. Local fans spend an average of $53 per person on their team every year.
9. The New England Patriots 4.6 million local fans spend a median of $49 a head each year when the NFL season rolls around.
10. The Cleveland Browns’ fan base, who has been loyal through thick and thin (mostly thin…), spend an average of $49 per person annually. Now that the team is looking good (never thought I’d get to say that), we’ll just have to wait and see if their 2.1 million local fans start spending even more.