Here we are, another Sunday closer to September. I actually can’t believe that we’re just 7 weeks away from the start of the season. Time flies when you’re havin’ fun, folks. Today, we’re going to continue our look at TE stats right where we left off last week. We’ve already looked at last year’s longest receptions by wideouts, so now it’s the TEs turn.
1. The Denver Broncos’ Julius Thomas caught a 74-yard bomb from Peyton Manning and scored a TD to boot.
2. Charles Clay, of the Miami Dolphins, had a 67-yard reception last season.
3. Vernon Davis took a 64-yard catch into the end zone for the San Francisco 49ers.
4. Danny Noble, one of few Jacksonville players to ever appear on these top ten lists (sorry, Jags fans), had a 62-yard touchdown reception during the 2013 year.
5. The Cincinnati Bengals’ Tyler Eifert reigned in a 61-yard catch in 2013.
6. Ladarius Green, TE for the San Diego Chargers, took a 60-yard catch to the end zone for Philip Rivers.
(6*) 7. The Seattle Seahawks Zach Miller also had a 60-yard reception last year. No TD for Miller, though.
8. Antonio Gates, another Bolts TE, had a 56-yard TD reception during San Diego’s 2013 campaign.
(8*) 9. It wouldn’t be a TE list without Jimmy Graham. Graham and Drew Brees also connected for a 56-yard TD last year.
10. Jordan Cameron, the Cleveland Browns’ go-to TE, hauled-in a 53-yard reception during the 2013 season.