Happy day after schedule release day, folks. How’s your fall looking? Here in Colts Nation, we’re pretty happy this morning. Today, we’re going to take a look at the players who had the top ten longest interceptions last year. I don’t know about you, but I’m hoping for another season filled with plays like these.
1. When the St. Louis Rams played the San Diego Chargers in November, Rams CB Janoris Jenkins had a 99-yard interception. Seriously impressive.
2. Arizona Cardinals S Rashad Johnson intercepted Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan for an 88-yard return.
3. Carolina Panthers S Tre Boston also picked-off Matt Ryan last season, returning his interception for 84-yards.
4. Green Bay Packers CB Casey Hayward intercepted division rival QB Jay Cutler, of the Chicago Bears, for an 82-yard return.
5. Miami Dolphins S Louis Delmas intercepted Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles and returned his pick for 81-yards.
(5*) 6. Minnesota Vikings rookie S Harrison Smith also had an 81-yard return when he intercepted during the team’s game against the St. Louis Rams in Week 1.
7. While playing for the Carolina Panthers in October of last year, CB Antoine Cason intercepted Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton for an 80-yard return.
(7*) 8. My favorite (though I wish he wasn’t a division rival) DE, the Houston Texans’ J.J. Watt, also had an 80-yard interception return while playing the Buffalo Bills last year.
9. San Francisco 49ers S Eric Reid returned an interception for 73-yards against his team’s division rival Seattle Seahawks. Sorry, Russell Wilson.
10. Detroit Lions S James Ihedigbo intercepted Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill for a 70-yard return. Ihedigbo was later fined $10,000 for a face mask violation that occurred during the interception play, but it was still impressive at the time.