Which NFL Teams Have Held the Longest Regular Season Winning Streaks?
|Date & Time||Thursday November 6, 2014, 12:00 PM (EST)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Start your 7-day free trial today!|
This season, the longest current winning streak in the NFL stands at 5 games and belongs to the New England Patriots. You won’t see it featured on today’s top ten list, in which we’re going to take a look at the longest regular season winning streaks in league history. My boys lead off.
1. From 2008-2009, the Indianapolis Colts won 23 games in a row. The first loss after that streak was pretty heartbreaking for Colts Nation. Fun fact: I cried in a frozen foods aisle at the local grocery. Good times, folks.
2. From 2006-2008, the Colts’ arch-rival New England Patriots won 21 games straight. Impressive, admittedly. And you know that as a born-and-bred Hoosier, it pains me to say that.
3. The Patriots also hold today’s No. 3 spot with an 18 game winning streak from 2003-2004 (the last time they actually won a Super Bowl…I just felt compelled to point that out).
4. From 1933-1934, the Chicago Bears won 17 games straight. That’s pretty darn impressive considering each season was only 10 games long.
5. The 2004-2005 Pittsburgh Steelers won 16 games in a row. They were led by this rookie QB with a weird last name. Big Ben Roethlisberger? You might’ve heard of him sometime during the past decade.
6. From 1971-1973, the Miami Dolphins were the winners of 16 straight regular season match-ups. They also became the only undefeated team in both the regular season, the play-offs, and the Super Bowl somewhere in there. You might be familiar with a little squad from ’72.
(6*) 7. The 1983-1984 Miami Dolphins also won 16 regular season games in a row.
(6*) 8. During the 1941-942 seasons, the Chicago Bears also knocked-out 16 straight wins.
(6*) 9. The 1960-1961 Los Angeles Chargers were yet another club that managed to win 16 games consecutively during regular season contests.
10. The 2010-2011 Green Bay Packers had 15 consecutive victories during the regular season. The 2010 team also brought home the Lombardi Trophy, beating the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.
(10*) 11. From 1989-1990, the San Francisco 49ers also put-up 15 regular season Ws in a row.