Happy (almost) long weekend, y’all! Since I’m sure we’re all going to be enjoying some fireworks, I figured 4th of July weekend was the perfect time to look at some of the most explosive catches from last season. If you’re like me, you love everything about football, but there’s no denying that we all watch for the biggest plays, the most improbable plays, the plays that have you out of your seat. Today’s top ten list breaks down the longest receptions of the 2013 season. You’ll see some wideouts you’ll expect and a few that might surprise you.
1. While the Cleveland Browns might find themselves without star WR Josh Gordon this year (or really any receivers, given their draft choices), #12 led the league with a 95-yard TD reception in 2013.
2. Arizona Cardinals wideout Michael Floyd went long for a 91-yard TD catch in 2013.
3. No surprise that Megatron appears near the top of this one. Calvin Johnson had an 87-yard snag for the Detroit Lions last season.
4. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ WR Tiquan Underwood had an 85-yard TD reception, making QB Mike Glennon look good.
5. James Jones, WR for the Green Bay Packers, snatched an 83-yard TD catch during the squad’s 2013 campaign.
6. The Cincinnati Bengals’ AJ Green enjoyed an impressive 82-yard TD catch.
(6*) 7. Terrance Williams (not Dez Bryant, take note) had the Dallas Cowboys’ longest reception of the year, with an 82-yard TD reception.
8. You might think you’re going cross-eyed as you read these final three, but they actually are all the same stat over…and over again. The St. Louis Rams’ Tavon Austin nabbed an 81-yard TD catch.
(8*) 9. Aaron Dobson also grabbed an 81-yard TD reception for the New England Patriots.
(8*) 10. Last, but not least, the Atlanta Falcons’ Julio Jones had an 81-yard TD to highlight his 2013 year.