When you’re watching an NFL game, there are few things worse than seeing your QB sacked (over and over and over again, if you happen to be a Dolphins fan). Today, we’re going to take a look at the top ten most sacks among NFL defenses during the 2014 regular season.
1. The Buffalo Bills' D was a nightmare for QBs last year, racking-up 54.0 sacks on the season. That’s over three per game, in case you don’t want to do the math yourself. You’re welcome.
2. The Philadelphia Eagles had 49.0 sacks during the 2014 NFL season. Not too shabby for a team that’s known for it’s offense.
(2*) 3. The Baltimore Ravens, who do happen to be famous for their intense D, also had 49.0 sacks over the course of last season.
4. The New York Giants, offensive woes aside, managed to sack opposing QBs 47.0 times in 2014.
5. The Kansas City Chiefs' D put-up 46.0 sacks during the regular season last year.
6. The New York Jets faced a lot of criticism last season, but their defense still managed to get 45.0 sacks on the year.
(6*) 7. Another much-chagrined team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, also managed to have 45.0 sacks last season, despite their issues at a multitude of positions.
8. The Detroit Lions take today’s No. 8 spot with 42.0 sacks during the 2014 regular season.
9-12. There was a four-way tie for today’s No. 9 and No. 10 spots, with the Denver Broncos, the Green Bay Packers, the Indianapolis Colts, and the Minnesota Vikings (alphabetical, of course…no favorites here) all racking-up 41.0 sacks over the course of last year.