A Rundown of the NFL's Week 1 Injuries
|Date & Time||Tuesday September 15, 2015, 12:00 PM (EDT)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Start your 7-day free trial today!|
It’s Tuesday, people, which means it’s time for the first injury round-up of the regular season. There were a couple of doozies this week (sorry, Ravens Nation). Below, you’ll see a rundown of the top ten worst NFL Week 1 injuries.
1. Indomitable Baltimore Ravens LB Terrell Suggs was carted off the field with a torn Achilles tendon during Sunday’s loss to the Denver Broncos. Suggs will miss the remainder (read: more-or-less the entirety) of the 2015 NFL season. That hurts.
2. Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant left Sunday’s narrow win over the New York Giants with an apparent foot injury. It has since been confirmed that Bryant broke his foot and could miss up to six weeks as he recovers.
3. Washington Redskins RB DeSean Jackson left Sunday’s loss against the Miami Dolphins in the first quarter with a strained hamstring. Head coach Jay Gruden has stated that Jackson will miss three to four weeks with the injury.
4. Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton left Sunday’s loss to the Buffalo Bills with a knee injury. Colts Nation held it’s collective breath, but head coach Chuck Pagano has confirmed that Hilton suffered just a knee bruise and should return with a couple of weeks.
5. Former defensive player of the year, Panthers LB Luke Kuechly, sustained a concussion during Sunday’s win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Kuechly was helped off the field by trainers, but should return soon as long as he can pass the league’s concussion protocol.
6. Cleveland Browns QB Josh McCown left Sunday’s loss to the New York Jets early with a presumed concussion. McCown was ruled out for the remainder of the contest, so back-up Johnny Manziel took over, for what that’s worth. Hopefully McCown returns soon, Dawg Pound…
7. New York Jets CB Antonio Cromartie left Sunday’s win over the Cleveland Browns with a knee injury that looked bad at first. Fortunately for J-E-T-S fans everywhere, Cromartie did not tear any ligaments, but merely sprained the joint. The star is officially listed as week-to-week.
8. In more bad news for the Washington Redskins, S Duke Ihenacho suffered a wrist injury during Sunday’s contest. It has since emerged that Ihenacho will need surgery to repair the problem and could miss multiple weeks.
9. San Diego Chargers G D.J. Fluker was carted off the field with an ankle injury during Sunday’s comeback win over the Detroit Lions. Fluker did not break any bones and is expected to return to the field in four to six weeks.
10. The Oakland Raiders got off to a typically bad start against the Cincinnati Bengals, losing QB Derek Carr to a concussion early in the game. Hopefully Carr will pass the league’s concussion protocol with flying colors and return by Week 2. Y’all need him in the Black Hole.