Which Week 13 Injuries Should You Be Aware Of?
|Date & Time||Tuesday December 8, 2015, 12:00 PM (EST)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Start your 7-day free trial today!|
Injury report Tuesday again, folks. This weekend wasn’t as much of a doozy as some, but there were still plenty of injuries for a top ten. As usual, you’ll see the top ten worst injuries of Week 13 up next.
1. In a blowout loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cleveland Browns lost No. 1 WR Travis Benjamin to a shoulder injury. Benjamin didn’t record a single catch in Sunday’s match-up, but is listed as probable for Week 14’s game against the San Francisco 49ers.
2. Following a 25-yard pick-six against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, Denver Broncos LB Danny Trevathan exited the game with a concussion. Trevathan will have to complete the league’s concussion protocol before he can be cleared to play. His status for Week 14 is unknown.
3. San Diego Chargers CB Brandon Flowers was carted off the field with a knee injury during Sunday’s loss to the Denver Broncos. The team has not yet provided an update on Flowers’s status. Speculation, though, is abounding that this will be the talented corner’s final year in the league.
4. Baltimore Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore exited Sunday’s narrow loss to the Miami Dolphins with a back injury. With Maxx Williams already sidelined, this left Nick Boyle as the only active player at his position. The team is hopeful that Gillmore will return for Week 14’s contest against the surging Seattle Seahawks, for all the good that will do them. I’m not sure if you’ve looked at Baltimore’s depth chart recently, but it’s one of the most painful things I’ve ever seen…
5. Indianapolis Colts QB Matt Hasselbeck took a couple of hard hits that resulted in neck and rib injuries during Sunday’s bad loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Hasselbeck, mercifully for Colts Nation, is expected to play in Week 14 at Jacksonville. If he wasn’t, the team would be down to Clipboard Jesus (AKA the illustrious Charlie Whitehurst).
6. With WR Allen Hurns already inactive during Sunday’s loss to the Tennessee Titans, the Jacksonville Jaguars were relying heavily on WR Rashad Greene. Greene, though, left the game with a shoulder injury and did not return. His Week 14 status hasn’t been released.
7. Buffalo Bills CB Stephon Gilmore left Sunday’s big win over the Houston Texans with a shoulder injury. Gilmore underwent an MRI on Monday and is expected to return this season. He is, however, expected to miss at least one week of play.
8. In Sunday’s painful loss to the New York Jets, New York Giants OL Ereck Flowers went down with an apparent left ankle injury that was ultimately ruled a sprain. As of Monday, Flowers was still using crutches to get around and is not expected to start in Week 14.
9. Denver Broncos TE Vernon Davis joined teammate Trevathan on the sidelines with a concussion on Sunday. Davis will go through the standard concussion protocol. His status for Week 14 remains unknown at this point.
10. Kansas City Chiefs DE Mike DeVito exited Sunday’s comeback win with a concussion and will be evaluated under the league’s normal concussion protocol. DeVito could return in Week 14 if he is cleared, but his status has not yet been released.