A Look at the Worst Injuries From Week 6 in the NFL
|Date & Time||Tuesday October 20, 2015, 12:00 PM (EDT)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on-demand on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Sign up now!|
With Week 6 under our belts, it’s time for everyone’s favorite Tuesday morning injury report. As always, the top ten worst injuries of the weekend are detailed below. This weekend wasn’t as bad as some, but a few of the players who did sustain injuries could have some pretty major fantasy implications for all the team managers out there, so pay attention this week.
1. Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota suffered a sprained MCL during Sunday’s blowout loss to the Miami Dolphins. Mariota is currently listed as questionable for Week 7’s contest, which could mean we see Charlie Whitehurst at the helm. That’s always gone so well in the past…
2. San Diego Chargers WR Keenan Allen sustained a hip flexor injury during Sunday’s loss to the undefeated Green Bay Packers. Allen’s status for Week 7 is currently known, but Allen himself does not believe the issue to be serious.
3. Kansas City Chiefs WR Jeremy Maclin left Sunday’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings with a concussion. Maclin will have to go through the league’s standard concussion protocol before his status for Week 7 is officially announced.
4. Green Bay Packers WR Ty Montgomery sustained an ankle injury during Sunday’s win over Philip Rivers and the Bolts. Montgomery underwent medical tests that, fortunately, came back negative for structural damage. He’s expected to play in Week 8 following the Pack’s Week 7 bye.
5. Denver Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders sustained a separated shoulder during Sunday’s overtime win over the Cleveland Browns. Denver has a Week 7 bye, so I wouldn’t look for any word on Sanders’s status until next week at the earliest.
6. Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor did not play during Sunday’s loss to the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals. The offense struggled with EJ Manuel under center, so even with Taylor still listed as questionable for Week 7 with an MCL sprain, I look for Rex Ryan and Co. to get him back on the field as quickly as humanly possible.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson suffered a leg contusion during Sunday’s divisional loss to the Houston Texans. Robinson was seen using a crutch post-game, but there’s no reason to expect that he’ll be inactive against the Buffalo Bills in London next week.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers QB Michael Vick sustained a hamstring injury during Sunday’s surprising win over the Arizona Cardinals. Third-stringer Landry Jones did an impressive job filling-in and is likely to get the Week 7 start unless Big Ben Roethlisberger is cleared to return to the field.
9. Buffalo Bills WR Sammy Watkins injured his left ankle while reeling in a touchdown pass against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. Watkins, who was just returning from a calf injury, has been remarkably injury prone during his short time in the NFL. Watkins’s current injury was diagnosed as a sprain, but it is unknown if he will be active in London this coming weekend.
10. The Buffalo Bills were dropping like flies in Week 6, with DT Kyle Williams also sustaining an injury. Williams hurt his PCL and is expected to miss three to four weeks of action. The team is expected to provide updates on Williams’s condition as time passes.