Tuesday again, folks, which means it’s time for our weekly injury report. I don’t know about you, but I can’t believe this is already the Week 13 edition. Yikes.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers’ DE Brett Keisel tore his triceps during Sunday’s narrow loss to the New Orleans Saints. Keisel will miss the remainder of the season and likely any playoff games the Steelers might make it to.
2. Cleveland Browns WR Miles Austin suffered a kidney injury in Sunday’s loss to the Buffalo Bills. Austin spent Sunday night being monitored in the hospital. No word yet on whether or not he’ll be playing against the Colts in Week 14 (I’ll be freezing my behind off at FirstEnergy during that one).
3. Desean Jackson, wideout for the Washington Redskins, found himself dealing with a fibula contusion in the midst of Sunday’s blowout loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Jackson could very well return in Week 14, but if he misses any time, Andre Roberts will take his place in the line-up.
4. Houston Texans CB Johnathan Joseph was forced out of Sunday’s win over the Tennessee Titans with an Achilles injury. So far it doesn’t appear that the tendon is torn, so we don’t yet know how much time (if any) Joseph will miss heading into the season’s home stretch.
5. Zach Mettenberger, the Tennessee Titans starting QB of the moment, sprained his throwing shoulder in Sunday’s loss to JJ Watt (er…the Houston Texans). Mettenberger says he plans to play in Week 14, but there’s been no official word from the coaching staff, so we’ll see.
6. Indianapolis Colts CB Vontae Davis exited Sunday’s big win with a concussion. Davis will go through the league’s concussion protocol before a decision is made about whether or not he’ll take the field next week.
7. Gary Barnidge, Cleveland Browns TE, suffered a rib injury that put him on the sidelines during the first quarter of Sunday’s game. The organization hasn’t yet commented on the severity of Barnidge’s issue.
8. The Arizona Cardinals did not have a good start to Sunday’s game. They lost 3 starters, including RB Andre Ellington to a hip pointer. Ellington could return in Week 14, but I wouldn’t count on it. Hopefully he won’t miss more than a week, though, or the team’s running game would certainly suffer.
9. Baltimore Ravens WR Torrey Smith missed the final possession of Sunday’s game when his team was going for the win. That’s a definite red flag. Smith was then seen limping in the locker room post-game. No word on what’s going on, but Baltimore’s in trouble if Smith has a serious injury.
10. New England Patriots WR Aaron Dobson left Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers in the third quarter with a hamstring injury. Dobson has dealt with a laundry list of injuries throughout his career, so he can probably handle one more. Plus, I have no doubt that Belichick and Co. can work around a missing Dobson if need be.