Which NFL Teams Are Dealing With the Worst Injuries From Week 8?
|Date & Time||Wednesday October 29, 2014, 12:00 PM (EDT)|
|TV Channel||Stream live sports and ESPN originals on ESPN+ for only $4.99 a month. Start your 7-day free trial today!|
We’re just past the halfway point of the 2014 NFL season, which means there’s still a lot of football to come, but lots of teams are already injury-laden. This will undoubtedly play a role as the post-season picture begins to take shape in the latter half of the year. Today, we take a look at the top ten most devastating injuries from Week 8 in the NFL.
1. Brian Quick, WR (and one of few bright spots this season) for the St. Louis Rams, suffered a season-ending shoulder injury during Sunday’s loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Quick tore his rotator cuff and dislocated his shoulder. This is a massive blow to a struggling Rams team.
2. The Rams also lost big LT Jake Long for the remainder of the 2014 year during Sunday’s painful loss. Long, who has already suffered one torn ACL during his career, ripped the tendon again. The blows seem to just keep on comin’ for Jeff Fisher’s club.
3. The Indianapolis Colts lost CB Vontae Davis to a knee injury during the team’s loss against the Steelers on Sunday. This was a major blow to Indy’s D, so hopefully Davis will return in short order.
4. Detroit Lions DT Nick Fairley left during the second quarter of a thrilling win over the Atlanta Falcons with a knee injury. The extent of Fairley’s injury still seems to be a question mark, so there’s been no official word on how many weeks (if any) he’ll miss.
5. Jordan Cameron, TE for the Cleveland Browns, left Sunday’s win over Oakland with a presumable concussion after a helmet-to-helmet collision. Cameron will have to go through the league’s concussion protocol before it will be known if he’ll be available for Week 9’s game.
6. The Cincinnati Bengals’ starting RB, Giovani Bernard, missed the last 8 minutes of Sunday’s huge win over Baltimore with a hip issue. There doesn’t seem to be extreme concern from the Bengals’ camp, so hopefully this isn’t anything major.
7. Doug Martin, RB, for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, left Sunday’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday during the third quarter. Martin suffered an ankle injury; the extent of the issue won’t be known until further testing has been completed.
9. The Arizona Carindals’ star CB, Patrick Peterson, left Sunday’s win over the Philadelphia Eagles with a confirmed concussion. The Cards take-on the Dallas Cowboys in Week 9, so all eyes are sure to be on Peterson (and his hopeful recovery) this week.
9. The Baltimore Ravens lost rookie wideout Michael Campanaro to a hamstring injury during Sunday’s loss to the Bengals. Campanaro had been having a good season, so hopefully he doesn’t miss significant time and lose the progress he’s made in the pros.
10. Chicago Bears guard, Matt Slauson, suffered a pectoral injury that is presumed to be quite serious during Sunday’s blowout loss at New England. This isn’t good news for a Bears team that hasn’t quite looked up to par this season so far.