Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United 7/1/20 English Premier League Soccer Pick, Odds, and Prediction

Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United 7/1/20 English Premier League Soccer Pick, Odds, and Prediction Photo by

Newcastle United (10-9-12) at Bournemouth (7-8-18)

Premier League Soccer: Wednesday, July 1st 2020 at 3:00pm (Vitality Stadium)

The Line: Bournemouth +137 / Draw +220 / Newcastle United +210 -- O/U: 2.5 Click to Get Latest Betting Odds

TV: BT Sport / DAZN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now! Advertisement

Bournemouth host Newcastle United in the 32nd match of the 2019/20 Premier League season, will Bournemouth make a case for themselves to get out of the relegation zone, or will Newcastle ruin their hopes at Vitality Stadium?

Bournemouth are coming off a 1-0 defeat to Wolves away from home and a match where they were just horrendous. The possession was pretty even with Wolves holding 55% possession, however, Wolves were able to get off 11 shots, 3 of which were on target. On the other hand, Bournemouth had 45% possession, but only got off 2 shots, none of which were on target. Just holding the ball does not do much if you don't create chances. Bournemouth have been lacking in class in the final third for the entire season and they will definitely need to find some form if they want to remain in the Premier League.

Newcastle played two matches last week, one on Wednesday, and one on Sunday. Newcastle drew on Wednesday in a 1-1 scoreline against Aston Villa. That match was of course more important for Villa, but Newcastle did not give anything up easily. It was a pretty even game and the scoreline reflects that. However, on Sunday, in the FA Cup quarterfinals, Newcastle United lost 2-0 to Manchester City. No one expected Newcastle to beat City, and to be honest, losing 2-0 to one of the best teams in the world was not a bad result. City are known for putting 4+ goals past their opponents' goalkeeper in the FA Cup on a regular basis, therefore not being embarrassed like that was not bad.

Check Out Our NEW Premium YouTube Picks!!!

The reverse fixture took place in November of last year and Newcastle came back from 1-0 down to win it 2-1. Bournemouth had 65% possession in that match and seemed as if they were in control for most of the first half, however, a 42nd-minute goal by DeAndre Yedlin changed the momentum of the match. There was much more to play for back then in the season as both teams were not as low down on the table as they are. Newcastle does not have much to play for as they are safe from relegation and too far from European spots, but Bournemouth needs all the points they can get. In my opinion it'll be a tight game. Newcastle won't just let their opponents win, but they won't be sad only getting one point. Take the draw.

See Who The Experts Picked To Win This One

Liam’s Pick Draw (+220)

The pick in this article is the opinion of the writer, not a Sports Chat Place site consensus.

Mitch's Take...

Free NBA Parlay Mitch's NBA Parlay for 4/11/21 NBA Pick and Prediction