Atalanta vs. Genoa 1/17/21 Serie A Soccer Pick, Odds, and Prediction

Atalanta vs. Genoa 1/17/21 Serie A Soccer Pick, Odds, and Prediction Photo by

Atalanta 9-4-3, Genoa 3-5-9

1/17/21 12pm

Over 2.5 (-250), Under 2.5 (+200) Click to Get Latest Betting Odds

TV: DAZN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now! Advertisement

Atalanta is welcoming Genoa to Gewiss Stadium in round 18 in the Italian Serie A.

Atalanta is on fire, and they have won their last 4 straight games, while not losing any of their last 10 games. During their 4-game winning streak, Atalanta has scored massive 15 goals while conceding only 3 goals. Atalanta is now in 5th place with 31 points, a massive 40 scored goals, and 22 conceded goals, and they are just 2 points away from the Champions League spot. As you can imagine, Atalanta is one of the best offensive teams in the league but Inter is slightly better. In their last Serie A game, Atalanta was playing against Benevento on the road, and they were the dominant team with 59% of ball possession, huge 12 shots on goal, 11 corner kicks, 6 big chances created, and a decent 85% of the correct passes. This was a fantastic game for Atalanta, and they have deservedly won this game 1-4. Muriel is the leading goalscorer for Atalanta with 10 goals, while Zapata added 7 goals and 4 assists. Ilicic has added 6 assists. Ruggeri is injured, while Pasalic is still questionable for this game. Atalanta was struggling for a while in Serie A, but they have emerged on the other side, and they are one of the teams in the best form in Serie A at the moment.

Genoa has won 2 of their last 5 games, but they were knocked out of the Coppa Italia by Juventus earlier this week. Luckily for Genoa, they are outside the relegation zone at the moment, in 17th place with 14 points, but they will need to play a lot better if they want to stay there. Genoa was hosting Bologna in their last Serie A game, and they have had 35% of ball possession in that game, 7 shots on goal, 1 corner kick, 2 big chances created, and only 65% of the correct passes. Despite being the weaker team in this game, Genoa was somehow able to score 2 goals, and they have won this game 2-0. Genoa has scored only 18 goals so far this season, and 6 of those were scored by Destro, while Pjaca added 3 goals. Ghiglione has 4 assists. Cassata, Biraschi, Zapata, Pandev, and Pellegrini are all injured for Genoa, and they will most likely miss this game. I would love to say that Genoa is a defensive team and that their game is focused on that, but that is just not true. Genoa is a bad team on both ends, and they will be struggling a lot to stay in Serie A.

Get the Experts BEST BETS For Today's Games

When playing at home, Atalanta has not lost to Genoa in their last 4 games, and Atalanta has won their last 5 home games in a row. Genoa has won only 1 game on the road this season. Now, Genoa has had some success against Atalanta in the past, but that doesn’t mean anything here because Atalanta is on fire, and I think this will be a one-sided game where Atalanta will dominate, and win.

Click Here for the Best Online US Sportsbook Risk Free Bets and Sign up Bonuses this Week April 2021

Goran’s Pick Atalanta and over 3.5 +130

The pick in this article is the opinion of the writer, not a Sports Chat Place site consensus.

Mitch's Take...

Free NBA Parlay Mitch's NBA Parlay for 4/21/21 NBA Pick and Prediction