FC Augsburg vs. Borussia M’gladbach 3/12/21 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Odds, and Prediction

FC Augsburg vs. Borussia M’gladbach 3/12/21 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Odds, and Prediction Photo by

FC Augsburg 7-5-12, Borussia M'gladbach 8-9-7

3/12/21 2:30 pm

Over 2.5 (-125), Under 2.5 (+100) Click to Get Latest Betting Odds

TV: SN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now! Advertisement

FC Augsburg is welcoming Borussia M’gladbach to WWK ARENA in round 25 in the German Bundesliga.

Augsburg has had a solid streak with 2 wins and a draw a few weeks ago, but they have lost their last Bundesliga game to Hertha on the road last weekend. Augsburg has had only 35% of ball possession, 4 shots on goal, 1 corner kick, 1 big chance created, and only 65% of the correct passes. Augsburg was ahead since the 2nd minute, but their defense lost focus in the second half, and Hertha was able to turn this game around. Augsburg has lost this match 2-1. With those few positive results recently, Augsburg has gained some breathing room, and they are now in 13th place with 26 points, which is 7 points away from the relegation zone. Offensively, Augsburg barely exists, and they have scored only 24 goals in 24 games, while their defense isn’t the worst in the league with 37 conceded goals. With 5 goals, Hahn and Caligiuri are the leading goalscorers for Augsburg, while Niederlechner added 3 assists. Iago, Finnbogason, Jensen, Civeja, and Moravek are all injured, and they will miss this game. Every game is a hard game for Augsburg, but they have a solid distance from the relegation zone, and it won’t take a lot more for Augsburg to secure their Bundesliga spot.

Borussia just can’t get out of their slump, and they have now lost their last 5 games while losing 6 of their last 7 games. The last game ended in a draw. In their last 2 games, Borussia hasn’t scored a goal, and their offense is struggling massively this season. Borussia M’gladbach is playing against Manchester City on the road next week, and I gotta say, I’m not liking their chances. As far as Bundesliga goes, Borussia is now in 10th place, and they are massive 10 points away from the Champions League spot. In their latest Bundesliga game, Borussia was hosting Leverkusen, and they weren’t great with 42% of ball possession, 3 shots on goal, 7 corner kicks, 0 big chances created, and 82% of the correct passes. It was a tight game, and Borussia has had a few chances, but their offense failed once again. With a goal in the 76th minute, Borussia M’gladbach has lost this game 0-1. Stindl has scored 10 goals for Borussia so far, while Hofmann added 5 goals and 9 assists. Musel and Kramer are both injured. I know Borussia M’gladbach will go down swinging against Manchester City, but it won’t do them any good because they are the weaker team, and it’s time for them to focus on Bundesliga.

Get the Experts BEST BETS For Today's Games

The trends are mixed in this matchup, and Augsburg has had success against Borussia at home and considering Borussia’s recent form, I think we could expect the same here as well. Borussia will most likely be resting some players, and that is the opportunity for Augsburg.

Sportsbook Bonus Offer: Bet $20 Win $100 (MLB or NBA) CLICK HERE

Goran’s Pick Augsburg or Draw -125

The pick in this article is the opinion of the writer, not a Sports Chat Place site consensus.

Mitch's Take...

Best Online Sportsbook Offer For Today 5/16/21