Most US Open Titles - Women's Singles
Tennis Stats and Record
The US Open is one of the best tournaments on tour. The hospitality, the atmosphere and the courts provide great tennis and allows us to see some incredible matches. However, few ever get to win the tournament, and even fewer get to do it consistently. Here are the Women's Singles players with the most US Open titles.
1. Serena Williams, USA, 6 US Open Titles
- Serena Williams loves playing in front of a home crowd. The American thrives on the atmosphere in New York, and if you asked any American who they wanted to see win the US Open they'd always say Serena Williams. Williams is dominant on all surfaces and she has played some of her best tennis in New York. Williams has won an astonishing 6 US Open Titles and has been continuously looking to increase that number.
2. Chris Evert, USA, 6 US Open Titles
- Chris Evert has so many titles under her name, you could just write an entire book about her career. The American has also achieved 6 US Open titles and she also won 4 of them in consecutive years from 1975-78. Evert is not as remembered as other players in tennis history, but her accomplishments speak for themselves.
3. Steffi Graf, Germany, 5 US Open Titles
- Steffi Graf was just an absolutely dominant force in tennis. The German was able to completely demolish players, maintain her composure on court in tough times, but she was also an entertaining player to watch. Graf won an amazing 5 titles in New York, and she has cemented herself in tennis history.
4. Martina Navratilova, USA, 4 US Open Titles
- Martina Navratilova will be in every tennis list of every great tennis category. Navratilova has won 4 titles in New York, and has showed us some of her best tennis on the hard courts of New York. Navratilova will be remembered as probably the best or second best player of all time and she will hold so many records forever.
5. Kim Clijsters, USA 3 US Open Titles
- Kim Clijsters was one of the best players on tour in the early 2000s. Clijsters was so dominant and so composed that she won so many titles throughout her career, including 3 US Open titles. Clijsters is still active and is trying to make a comeback onto the WTA Tour. If Clijsters is able to get back into full shape, or even 90% of what she used to be, she has a chance to compete again in New York.