Which Women's Tennis Players has the Most Wimbledon Titles?
Photo by Susan Mullane-USA TODAY Sports
Most Wimbledon Titles - Women's Singles
Tennis Stats and Record
The Women's Singles game in tennis has had an incredible amount of amazing players who have performed and given their all to the tennis court. However, there are a few that stand out, and to stand out, you need to perform in one of the best Grand Slams which has so much prestige and history behind it, Wimbledon. Here are the Women's Singles Players with the Most Wimbledon Titles:
1. Martina Navratilova, USA, 9 Wimbledon Titles
- Martina Navratilova was a force to reckon with when she was playing. Navratilova had the game to beat anyone and she demonstrated this continuously going undefeated for several months, nearly a year sometimes. Navratilova is arguably the best female tennis player of all time, alongside Serena Williams. Navratilova won Wimbledon an astonishing 9 times in her career, 6 of them being in consecutive years from 1982-87. Navratilova has left her mark on the Women's game and it is hard to see anyone come close to her accomplishments.
2. Serena Williams, USA, 7 Wimbledon Titles
- Serena Williams has had her fare share of ups and downs at Wimbledon, winning 7 titles, but also being absolutely destroyed in the 2019 Final against Simona Halep. Williams used to be an amazing player and she used to challenge for every title. Those days are somewhat gone, but she has left us with so many memories and victories on the tennis court. Williams won 7 titles in London and she has dominated the Wimbledon courts for nearly 20 years.
3. Steffi Graf, Germany, 7 Wimbledon Titles
- Steffi Graf has also dominated at Wimbledon, winning 7 titles there. Graf was won of the best female tennis players to ever play the game. Her aggressive style of play, her strong serve and her speed around the court allowed her to play incredibly well on grass and she deserved more than only 7 titles.
4. Venus Williams, USA, 5 Wimbledon Titles
- Another Williams sister dominating at Wimbledon. Venus Williams, alongside her sister were the two dominant forces of Wimbledon in the 2000s. In the last 20 years, 12 of the 20 Wimbledon Finals have been won by a Williams sister and Venus has 5 herself. Their dominance has been amazing and they were absolutely incredible to watch.
5. Billie Jean King, USA, 4 Wimbledon Titles
- What can you say about Billie Jean King? Billie Jean has played some amazing tennis and her accomplishments at Wimbledon are incredible. Jean has been in 6 Wimbledon Finals, and she has won 4 of them. Billie Jean King is remembered as one of the best players of all time because of her strength, both mentally and physically.