Who has the Longest Winning Streaks in Women's Tennis?
Photo by Susan Mullane-USA TODAY Sports
Longest Winning Streaks in Women's Tennis
Tennis Stats and Records
In the Women's game nowadays it is extremely hard to see any player find incredible consistency and go undefeated for a long period of time. The Women's game is incredibly competitive and if a player if able to not be defeated for even 10 matches, they are in great form. However, there is a level above that and this is the list of the longest match winning streaks in WTA history.
1. Martina Navratilova - 1984 - 74 Consecutive Match Wins:
- From January 20th to December 6th 1984, Martina Navratilova did not lose a single match. Navratilova was an incredible player in her time, he was absolutely dominant on a tennis court and she really did not find any trouble in beating her opponents. In 1984 Navratilova dominated the entire year, winning 12 titles in a row and not losing a single match until the 6th of December.
2. Steffi Graf - 1989-1990 - 66 Consecutive Match Wins:
- Steffi Graf has been one of the best female tennis players of all time, and apart all of her titles, one aspect of her game which is most interesting, is her consistency. From June 10th 1989 to May 21st 1990, Steffi Graf won 66 consecutive matches and won numerous titles along the way. Steffi was a very dominant player who always left it all out on the court, and this allowed her to be one of the best players of all time.
3. Martina Navratilova - 1986-1987 - 58 Consecutive Match Wins:
- Martina Navratilova showed us why she is one of the best of all time, because of her ability to be incredibly consistent in her dominance of women's tennis. In 1986 to 1987, Navratilova put up an incredible 58 consecutive match winning streak. Navratilova is the queen of winning streaks and she is going to be looked back as one of the most consistent players in the women's tennis game.
4. Margaret Court - 1972-1973 - 57 Consecutive Match Wins:
- Margaret Court is a player you would have never thought to have had such a long winning streak, however in the 1970s, the Australian was incredible on the tennis court. Court is amongst the most underrated players in female tennis and her 57 consecutive match winning streak proves how good she was. Court has been rewarded with incredible respect in the last few years because of her amazing career.
5. Chris Evert - 1974 - 56 Consecutive Match Wins:
- Chris Evert is one of the most dominant players in the history of tennis, with over 1309 match wins on all surfaces, Evert has had incredible success in her career. Because of her dominance on all courts, she was able to have many winning streaks, but her most notorious one was in 1974 when she won 56 consecutive matches. Evert needs more respect in tennis because of her ability to win so many matches.