Tennis Players with the Most Aces
Tennis Stats and Records
A strong statistic to look at when trying to determine how good a player is, is to look at their ace count. Aces are the easiest way to win a point in tennis, and they can help you come out of some incredibly tough situations in matches. Players who can hit aces consistently have found incredible success in their career as they have a way to shorten matches and prevent their opponents from even returning their serve. Who are the players with the most aces ever?
1. Ivo Karlovic - 13.599 Aces in 687 Matches:
- Ivo Karlovic is one of the most fun players to watch. Karlovic has an incredible serve, the best serve of all time. Karlovic is tall, strong and he is able to control his ball toss so well that he knows exactly where his serve will go and whether it will be an ace or not. Karlovic has a lot of records in his career, but the one he is surely most proud of is his lead in Aces.
2. John Isner - 12,266 Aces in 675 Matches:
- John Isner has been one of the best servers ever. When you watch an Isner match, you are sure to watch a long match with little opportunities for his opponent to break him. Isner has used his serve to get out of tough situations and he can always rely on his trusted serve to do the work for him. Isner trains incredibly hard to ensure he can continue his dominance in the serve category. It will be interesting to see if he can ever reach Karlovic in that category.
3. Roger Federer - 11,365 Aces in 1,455 Matches:
- Roger Federer has been absolutely dominant on his forehand and his backhand over the last 20 years, allowing him to win the most Grand Slams of all time, however a statistic you probably did not think was one where Federer was as dominant as he is, is his ace count. Roger Federer has played so many matches throughout his career, and his service motion is so fluid and classy that he is able to rake the ball out of the opponents racket. Federer is close to Isner, and if he continues to play for a few more years, he can get even closer.
4. Goran Ivanisevic - 10,131 Aces in 731 Matches:
- Goran Ivanisevic has an incredible career, and a lot of that was due to his ability to win quick points through his serve. Ivanisevic was incredibly composed in his service motion, and he was able to strike the ball with incredible speed and accuracy. Ivanisovic has not played for a long time, but his ace count has not been touched. Ivanisevic has taken his ability to serve incredibly well to now train Novak Djokovic in improving his serve. Ivanisevic is a master of the motion of serving, and his ability to both serve aces but to also improve Djokovic's ace count has shown us why he is one of the best servers ever.
5. Feliciano Lopez - 9,639 Aces in 919 Matches:
- Feliciano Lopez, like Roger Federer, has been around for the last 20 years, allowing him to play so many matches and serve so many aces. Feliciano Lopez has the luck of being a left-hander, which allows him to serve aces at a better rate than right-handers as his opponents cannot reach his curved serve on their backhand as much as they would on their forehand. Lopez is not the player he used to be, but his serve has consistently gotten him out of trouble in matches, especially in recent years.