Who has the Most Wins in Women's Tennis History?
Photo by Susan Mullane-USA TODAY Sports
Most Wins in Women's Tennis History
Tennis Stats and Record
In the Women's game of tennis, there have been some incredible players who have come and gone, but one great statistic to measure a players dominance is the amount of matches they have won. Finding consistency, and enough consistency to win a high number of matches, is near impossible in sports, especially tennis. Here are the female tennis players with the most wins in tennis history.
1. Martina Navratilova, USA, 1442 Match Wins
- Martina Navratilova was, and still is regarded, as one of the best players ever. Navratilova found extreme dominance in the sport of tennis, and she is regarded as the queen of winning streaks. Navratilova would go nearly years and several months undefeated and she did this multiple times. Her dominance has not been seen in the game in many years and it is missed. Navratilova won many titles throughout her career and many matches as well, this is because of her all court game and her ability to leave it all out on the court.
2. Chris Evert, USA, 1304 Match Wins
- Chris Evert played in the same era as Navratilova and she was another dominant player who always left it all out on the court. The American is cemented in the best players of all time because of her heart, her accomplishments, and her ability to win 1304 matches. Evert was one of a kind, and her game was beautiful to watch.
3. Steffi Graf, Germany, 900 Match Wins
- Steffi Graf was one of the more fun characters to watch in Women's tennis, always making us laugh and at the same time, ensuring she was playing her best tennis. Graf loves tennis and she always wanted to improve. This love and passion for the game allowed her to be a dominant force and win exactly 900 matches throughout her career.
4. Virginia Wade, Great Britain, 839 Match Wins
- Virginia Wade is one of the best female tennis players to ever come out of Great Britain. Wade was absolutely dominated on all surfaces, and although she suffered some form issues at times, she always found her form and got back on track. Wade won an astonishing 839 matches throughout her career and is regarded as one of the best female players.
5. Serena Williams, USA, 834 Match Wins
- Serena Williams has been the dominant force of tennis for the best part of nearly 20 years. Williams was so good, strong, and dominant, that opponents feared her more than any other player. Serena just knew how to dominate her opponents, and she has won 23 Grand Slam titles along the way. Serena Williams has won 834 matches throughout her career, and she is sure to win more and surpass Virginia Wade on this list.
6. Venus Williams, USA, 811 Match Wins
- Another Williams sister has made the list. Venus Williams has been around for over 20 years, and in her early career she was an absolutely dominant player. Venus is tall, strong and composed on the court, allowing her to win tough matches, and win 811 of them. Venus is not the player she used to be, but she is one of the best players of all time.