Highest Wins on Grass Courts - Men's Singles
Tennis Stats and Record
There are not many grass-court tournaments on the tour, however, when they do come around, there are certain players over the history of tennis to have absolutely dominated. Here are the tennis players with the most grass-court wins.
1. Roger Federer, Switzerland, 187 wins
- Roger Federer is the best grass-court player of all time. Federer is so great on grass and he has been dominant for the last 22 years. Federer just knows how to play on grass and knows what shots will win him points. Federer is classy and has so much experience. Federer will always challenge for every grass-court title and I do not see this changing until he retires.
2. Jimmy Connors, USA, 185 wins
- Jimmy Connors is the best American player ever. Connors has won 109 titles, and has won 185 matches on grass. Although he was won so many matches on grass, he has not won as many titles as you would have thought, only winning 9.
3. John Newcombe, Australia, 145 wins
- John Newcombe is one of the best Australian players ever. The Australian has won 145 matches on grass, winning 6 titles whilst doing so. Newcombe has won 35 titles throughout his career, and the former world No.1 will be remembered as one of the greatest ever.
4. Ken Rosewall, Australia, 141 wins
- Ken Rosewall is a legend in Australian tennis, and he was incredibly consistent throughout his career. Rosewall won 141 matches on grass in his career and has 8 grass-court titles to his name. Rosewall is praised every year in Australia for his accomplishments.
5. Phil Dent, Australia, 138 wins
- Phil Dent is not a player you would expect to be on this list, however, due to the amount of matches he has played on grass, he has been able to put his name on this list. Dent has 138 wins on grass and 3 titles to his name. Dent is not as remembered as he should be, but he has made his mark on tennis.