Which Women's Tennis Players has the Most Australian Open Titles?
Photo by Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports
Most Australian Open Titles - Women's Singles
Tennis Stats and Record
The Australian Open is one of the most entertaining tournaments on tour. The hospitality, the stadiums and the fans create a great atmosphere and watching the tournament kick off the tennis season every year is a great spectacle. Some players have found extreme success in Melbourne. Here are the female players with the most Australian Open titles.
1. Serena Williams, USA, 7 Australian Open Titles
- To kick the list off who else would it be other than Serena Williams. The American has been extremely successful in Melbourne, winning 7 titles there. Williams has been extremely consistent in Melbourne and she is more than capable of winning more titles if she plays like we know she can.
2. Monica Seles, Yugoslavia, 4 Australian Open Titles
- Monica Seles has been one of the best female tennis players of all time, winning 9 Grand Slam titles, 8 of which came before she was 20 years old. Seles won 4 titles in Australia 3 prior to her 20th birthday and 1 when she was 22 years old. Seles was great on all courts and she has cemented herself in tennis history.
3. Steffi Graf, Germany, 4 Australian Open Titles
- Steffi Graf will make every list for every title list. Graf has been incredibly successful in every tournament, and the Australian Open was no different. Graf was able to bag 4 Australian Open Titles in her career, 3 in a row from 1988 to 1990. Graf is one of the best players of all time because of her accomplishments on the tennis court.
4. Evonne Goolagong Cawley, Australia, 4 Australian Open Titles
- Evonne Goolagong Cawley is one of the best Australian players of all time. The Australian has won 7 Grand Slam titles in her career, 4 of them coming in her home country. Cawley will always be remembered in Australia as one of the best players ever.
5. Margaret Smith Court, Australia, 4 Australian Open Titles
- Margaret Smith Court is an icon in Australia. The Australian has won 11 titles in Australia, however only 4 of them were in the Open Era. Margaret Court is one of the best tennis players ever and she is recognised worldwide as an idol for tennis fans.