Which Women's Tennis Players has the Most French Open Titles?
Photo by Susan Mullane-USA TODAY Sports
Most French Open Titles - Women's Singles
Tennis Stats and Record
The French Open is one of the hardest tournaments to win because of its high competitiveness. Many female players are specialised on the clay courts and this has allowed many champions to be crowned in Paris. However, some players stand out from the rest because of their consistency. Here are the female tennis players with the most French Open titles.
1. Chris Evert, USA, 7 French Open Titles
- Chris Evert is one of the greatest players of all time. In her quest for greatness, she was able to bag 7 French Open titles and cement her name in history. Evert was able to win a vast array of titles in her career, but her most successful tournament was the French Open. Evert was incredibly consistent in France, winning 7 out of the 13 French Open titles up for grabs from 1974-1986.
2. Steffi Graf, Germany, 6 French Open Titles
- Steffi Graf was incredibly consistent on all surfaces and she was so successful in any tournament she played in. Graf had it all: determination, strength, both mental and physical, and she was consistent across a long career. Graf was able to win 6 titles in Paris and she played some of the best matches in achieving these titles.
3. Justine Henin, Belgium, 4 French Open Titles
- Justine Henin is one of the most underrated players in the female tennis game. Henin won 7 Grand Slam titles in her career, 4 of which came in Paris, her best tournament. Henin may not be as recognised as she should be in the tennis world, but she has cemented her name in Roland Garros history.
4. Serena Williams, USA, 3 French Open Titles
- Serena Williams has not been as successful as she would have liked to be at the French Open, however, due to Serena Williams' expectations being so high, she was still able to bag 3 titles in Paris. Williams is on a quest to win one last Grand Slam title and I wouldn't be shocked if it happened in Paris.
5. Monica Seles, Yugoslavia, 3 French Open Titles
- Monica Seles is the youngest French Open champion ever, winning her first one in 1990 at the mere age of 16. Seles was not a one title wonder in Paris, winning also in 1991 and 1992. Seles was one of the best young players to life, winning 9 Grand Slam titles in her career, and 8 of them being before she turned 20 years old.