The Eastern Michigan Eagles and the Buffalo Bulls meet Tuesday in college football action from UB Stadium. The Eagles are 5-6 on the year so far. Eastern Michigan is coming off an overtime win versus Akron last Tuesday. As for Buffalo, they’re sitting at 3-8 this season after a loss to Miami-OH in their last outing. Check out our Eastern Michigan vs Buffalo Prediction.
Eastern Michigan Eagles
The Eagles have had mixed results this year, much of which stem from an erratic offense. Eastern Michigan is averaging just 20 points per game with 27 total touchdowns. The Eagles have scored nine TDs with 10 picks and 160.2 yards per game through the air, contrasted with 104.9 yards per game, 3.3 yards per attempt and 15 rushing touchdowns so far.
In last Tuesday’s win over Akron, the Eagles outpaced their scoring averages—but needed two overtimes to do it. Eastern Michigan scored 13 points in the OTs during a 30-27 victory. QB Austin Smith led the way on 214 yards and a TD, while Samson Evans rushed for 71 yards and three scores on 15 carries.
Eastern Michigan Eagles Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Eastern Michigan's last 11 games.
- Eastern Michigan has covered the spread in eight of its last 10 November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Eastern Michigan has lost the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Eastern Michigan's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Over on the Buffalo side, they’re struggling when it comes to consistent offense as well. The Bulls average 21.6 points per game this year from 30 total scores. Fourteen of those touchdowns, 11 interceptions and 186.3 yards per game came via the pass. Rush-wise, Buffalo has 14 scores with 130.9 points per game on average.
The Bulls had some issues scoring in their last matchup versus Miami-OH. Buffalo was outscored 10-0 in the final quarter during a 23-10 defeat. Cole Snyder threw for 120 yards on six completions, while CJ Ogbonna added 50 rush yards and a touchdown off 16 totes. Marly Johnson led the receivers with his lone 80-yard catch.
Buffalo Bulls Team Facts
- Buffalo has lost each of its last eight games in November.
- Buffalo has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Buffalo's last eight games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Eastern Michigan has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m going to stay with Eastern Michigan. Probably not touching this one, though. The Eagles struggled mightily against a not-so-great Akron team, notching just 315 yards (214 passing) and 6-of-14 on third-down conversions. EMU gave up 12-of-19 on third-down tries on defense, but minimized the damage on the scoreboard with 4.4 yards per play. Regardless it was a much-needed W after three straight losses.
As for Buffalo, they posted two turnovers, 12 first downs and 278 yards in their loss to Miami-OH last week. The Bulls have now been at 13 or fewer points in three straight games, so it probably won’t take much for the EMU defense to hold them in check. It’s not going to be a pretty game by any stretch, though.