Clemson Tigers (5-4) vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-4)
2023-11-11 12:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Clemson Tigers -13.5 -- Over/Under:
(Get latest betting odds)
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and the Clemson Tigers meet Saturday in college football action from Clemson Memorial Stadium. Georgia Tech just finished a matchup versus Virginia over the weekend. The 5-4 Yellow Jackets went on to bag a blowout victory. As for Clemson, they played Notre Dame last Saturday. In that one the Tigers improved to 5-4 with an eight-point upset win. Check back all season long for free college football picks at Sports Chat Place.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Georgia Tech managed a .500 run through their first eight games this year, alternating wins and losses. The Yellow Jackets had a pretty solid scoring run in that time with 31.8 points per game, notching 21 pass touchdowns versus 11 interceptions. On the ground, Georgia Tech put up 5.5 yards per carry with 12 rushing scores.
In their last game versus Virginia, the Yellow Jackets scored 21 points in the second quarter and 14 more in the fourth on the way to a 45-17 win. Haynes King led the way on 208 passing yards and a score, also notching two rush TDs and 83 yards. Jamal Haynes rushed 17 times for 119 yards and a TD of his own.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Team Facts
- The underdog has won each of Georgia Tech’s last six games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in 12 of Georgia Tech’s last 13 games.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in 12 of its last 16 road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia Tech’s last seven November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Over on the Clemson side, they’ve had similar numbers this year. The Tigers hit a 4-4 run through eight games as well, and also notched 31.8 points per game on average. Clemson has been more rush-oriented however, notching 14 ground scores with a 4.2 yards-per-carry average alongside 14 pass scores and five picks.
Matched up against Notre Dame over the weekend, Clemson posted a 24-9 edge in the first half and held on for the win 31-23. Cade Klubnik managed 109 yards with one TD and one interception, with Beaux Collins catching three passes for 37 yards. Phil Mafah led the rush with 186 yards and two scores off a whopping 36 carries.
Clemson Tigers Team Facts
- Clemson has won 36 of its last 37 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Clemson’s last four games.
- Clemson has won the first half in 20 of its last 22 games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- Clemson has won the first quarter in 20 of its last 26 games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- Six of Clemson’s last seven games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Clemson rank 37th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (21.2).
- Georgia Tech rank T28th among FBS teams for points per game this season (33.2).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’ll take a stab on Georgia Tech here, but you could make a case either way. It’ll be a great matchup. The Yellow Jackets put up a nice all-around effort on the road versus a struggling Virginia team in their last outing, posting 514 total yards, 29 first downs, zero turnovers and three takeaways on defense. Georgia Tech has now scored 91 points over their last two games; the offense is working very well these days.
As for Clemson, they’re coming off a great win over a tough Notre Dame squad. The victory didn’t come without mistakes, though: the Tigers posted a pair of turnovers and went just 5-of-15 on third-down tries. The defense was great on three takeaways, 13 first downs and 3-of-13 on thirds, which drove Clemson to the win. This Saturday’s game could shake out a lot of different ways. I like Georgia Tech a little better on the cover, but it’ll be a fun one regardless.