The Syracuse Orange and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets meet in college football action from Bobby Dodd Stadium on Saturday night.
Syracuse Snaps Losing Skid
The Syracuse Orange come into this game looking to build on their 28-13 win over Pitt that snapped a five-game losing streak. Garrett Shrader has thrown for 1,513 yards, 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 62.3% passing while also rushing for 412 yards and 7 TDs. LeQuint Allen has a team-high 797 rushing yards with 7 touchdowns while Damien Alford has a team-high 389 receiving yards. Umari Hatcher has 375 receiving yards with 2 TDs and Donovan Brown has 305 receiving yards while another three pass-catchers have 100+ receiving yards on the year. On defense, Marlowe Wax has a team-high 83 total tackles and a team-high 4 sacks while Leon Lowery has 3.5 sacks and Kevon Darton has 3 sacks.
Syracuse Orange Team Facts
- The favorite has won 21 of Syracuse's last 22 games.
- Syracuse has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven road games in November.
- Syracuse has lost the first half in each of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Syracuse's last nine games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Tech Falls To Clemson
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets come into this one looking to get back on track after a 42-21 loss at the hands of Clemson last time out. Haynes King has thrown for 2,459 yards, 24 touchdowns and 14 interceptions on 61.1% passing while also rushing for 542 yards and 6 scores. Jamal Haynes has rushed for a team-high 768 yards and 6 touchdowns while Trey Cooley and Dontae Smith each have 250+ rushing yards as well on the year. Eric Singleton Jr. leads Georgia Tech with 580 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns while Malik Rutherford has a 38 receptions for 428 yards and 3 touchdowns. Two more Yellow Jackets have 250+ receiving yards and another five have 100+. On defense, Clayton Powell-Lee has a team-high 56 total tackles while Kyle Kennard has a team-high 6 sacks while Jaylon King has a team-high 4 interceptions.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Team Facts
- The underdog has won six of Georgia Tech's last seven games.
- Georgia Tech has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
- Each of Georgia Tech's last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Georgia Tech rank T36th among FBS teams for points per game this season (32.0).
- Syracuse has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 25+ points of any FBS team this season (3).
- Syracuse has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (2).
I’m going to back Georgia Tech here. I just like what Georgia Tech’s done a lot more than what Syracuse brings to the table, and while beating Pitt is all well and good, it really doesn’t move the needle a whole lot for me. Georgia Tech’s on the verge of a bowl game which is something this program has sorely missed, and I think at home in a primetime game, the Yellow Jackets show up and show out. Give me the Yellow Jackets here.