Liberty Flames (12-0) vs New Mexico State Aggies (10-3)
2023-12-01 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Liberty Flames -10.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The New Mexico State Aggies are riding an 8-game winning streak. The Liberty Flames are putting their perfect 12-0 record on the line. Let’s preview this game and give out a New Mexico State Aggies vs Liberty Flames Conference USA Championship prediction.
New Mexico State Aggies Betting Preview
The New Mexico State Aggies beat Jacksonville State last week by 3 points and haven’t lost since September 23 against Hawaii. New Mexico State beat up on Auburn last week for their ninth win of the year. Diego Pavia is completing 61.2 percent of his passes for 2,727 yards, 23 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Jonathan Brady and Trent Hudson have combined for 957 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Eli Stowers has 32 receptions. The New Mexico State Aggies ground game is averaging 205.2 yards per contest, and Pavia leads the way with 806 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, New Mexico State is allowing 19.7 points and 362.3 yards per game. Keyshaun Elliott leads the New Mexico State Aggies with 92 tackles, Buddha Peleti has 4.5 sacks and Dylan Early has 2 interceptions.
New Mexico State Aggies Team Facts
- New Mexico State has won each of its last eight games.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in each of its last 10 games.
- New Mexico State has lost the first half in 11 of its last 13 road games against conference opponents.
- Seven of New Mexico State’s last eight games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Liberty Flames Betting Preview
The Liberty Flames smashed UTEP last week and haven’t lost a game since last years Boca Raton Bowl on December 20 against Toledo. Kaidon Salter is completing 58.9 percent of his passes for 2,431 yards, 29 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. CJ Daniels and Treon Sibley have combined for 1,260 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns, while Noah Frith has 12 receptions. The Liberty Flames ground game is averaging 295.4 yards per contest, and Quinton Colley leads the way with 1,251 yards and 13 touchdowns. Defensively, Liberty is allowing 21.7 points and 344.7 yards per game. Tyren Dupree leads the Liberty Flames with 107 tackles, Kendy Charles has 3 sacks and Brylan Green has 5 interceptions.
Liberty Flames Team Facts
- Liberty has won each of its last 12 games.
- The home team has covered the spread in three of Liberty’s last four games.
- Liberty has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Liberty’s last four games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
The Liberty Flames have earned the right to be big favorites, and they did beat New Mexico State 33-17 this season. However, that game was the second week of the season, and it’s fair to say the Aggies are a better team right now. New Mexico State has a top-25 scoring defense and a top-15 rushing offense. And as good as Liberty is, it’s New Mexico State that’s 10-2-1 ATS on the year. New Mexico State has covered eight straight games and is 9-0-1 ATS in its last 10 games. Conference title on the line. I’ll grab the double-digit points.