The UTEP Miners and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
UTEP Miners Betting Preview
The UTEP Miners need a win after losing 6 of their last 8 games. UTEP has won its last 2 road games. Gavin Hardison is completing 56.6 percent of his passes for 947 yards, 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Kelly Akharaiyi and Jeremiah Ballard have combined for 1,250 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Tyrin Smith has 19 receptions. The UTEP Miners ground game is averaging 159.1 yards per contest, and Deion Hankins leads the way with 746 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, UTEP is allowing 26.6 points and 374.7 yards per game. Tyrice Knight leads the UTEP Miners with 116 tackles, Kanious Vaughn has 6 sacks and Trez Moore has 1 interception.
UTEP Miners Team Facts
- UTEP has lost each of its last nine road games in November.
- UTEP has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Nine of UTEP's last 10 November road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Betting Preview
The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders need a win after losing 5 of their last 7 games. MTSU has won 3 of its last 5 home games. Nicholas Vattiato is completing 67.1 percent of his passes for 2,609 yards, 20 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Elijah Metcalf and Holden Willis have combined for 1,135 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Justin Olson has 43 receptions. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders ground game is averaging 125.5 yards per contest, and Jaiden Credle leads the way with 389 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Middle Tennessee is allowing 28.4 points and 401 yards per game. Sam Brumfield leads the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders with 72 tackles, Zaylin Wood has 3 sacks and Tra Fluellen has 3 interceptions.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Team Facts
- Middle Tennessee has won each of its last 13 matches as a home favorite when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread in six of its last seven home matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Middle Tennessee has won the first half in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Middle Tennessee has won the first quarter in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Middle Tennessee's last three November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Two losing teams you shouldn't be eager to back, but somebody has to win, and oddsmakers are telling you MTSU is the far lesser of two evils. UTEP can't stop the run, and its offense is 126th in scoring. Two things that don't bode well on the road. Senior night for Middle Tennessee, so this should be the best effort we see from the Blue Raiders all year. Give me MTSU in a comfortable home win.