The East Carolina Pirates and Navy Midshipmen meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
East Carolina Pirates Betting Preview
The East Carolina Pirates need a win after losing 5 of their last 6 games. East Carolina has lost 4 of its last 5 road games. Alex Flinn is completing 52.6 percent of his passes for 1,219 yards, 4 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Chase Sowell and Jaylen Johnson have combined for 873 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Jsi Hatfield has 23 receptions. The East Carolina Pirates ground game is averaging 110.1 yards per contest, and Rahjai Harris leads the way with 341 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, East Carolina is allowing 23 points and 337.5 yards per game. Julius Wood leads the East Carolina Pirates with 73 tackles, D'Anta Johnson has 4 sacks and Dontavius Nash has 1 interception.
East Carolina Pirates Team Facts
- East Carolina has won three of its last four November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- East Carolina has covered the spread in each of its last four November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- East Carolina has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Six of East Carolina's last seven games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Navy Midshipmen Betting Preview
The Navy Midshipmen look for a win to get back to a .500 record. Navy has won 3 of its last 4 home games. Tai Lavatai is completing 53.3 percent of his passes for 522 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Eli Heidenreich and Brandon Chatman have combined for 478 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Nathan Kent has 4 receptions. The Navy Midshipmen ground game is averaging 205.4 yards per contest, and Alex Tecza leads the way with 629 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Navy is allowing 21.4 points and 367.7 yards per game. Colin Ramos leads the Navy Midshipmen with 78 tackles, Luke Pirris has 3.5 sacks and Rayuan Lane III has 4 interceptions.
Navy Midshipmen Team Facts
- Navy has won six of its last seven games against East Carolina.
- Navy has covered the spread in each of its last seven games against East Carolina.
- Navy has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Navy has won the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Navy's last 10 November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- East Carolina has scored fewer than 15 points in four home games this season - most of any FBS team.
East Carolina is one of the worst offensive teas in the country, and I don't trust them in back to back road games. ECU is 131st in total offense and 127thin scoring offense. Navy needs to take advantage of games like this to inch closer toward bowl eligibility, and it's coming off its best performance yet with a blowout win over UAB. Likely an ugly football game, but Navy and its ground game should be the difference here. I'll lay the small chalk with the Midshipmen.