The Utah State Aggies and New Mexico Lobos meet Friday in week 13 college football action at University Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out the Utah State vs New Mexico Prediction.
Utah State Aggies Betting Preview
The Utah State Aggies need a win to become bowl eligible for a third straight season. Utah State just lost to Boise State by 35 points. Cooper Legas is completing 64.8 percent of his passes for 1,815 yards, 19 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Jalen Royals and Terrell Vaughn have combined for 1,739 receiving yards and 22 touchdowns, while Micah Davis has 36 receptions. The Utah State Aggies ground game is averaging 176.1 yards per contest, and Davon Booth leads the way with 691 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Utah State is allowing 33.2 points and 404.4 yards per game. MJ Tafisi Jr. leads the Utah State Aggies with 120 tackles, Paul Fitzgerald has 5 sacks and Ike Larsen has 4 interceptions.
Utah State Aggies Team Facts
- Utah State has won each of its last six games against New Mexico.
- Utah State has covered the spread in each of its last six games against New Mexico.
- Utah State has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at University Stadium.
- Utah State has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at University Stadium.
- Each of Utah State's last six games against non-AP-ranked teams at University Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
New Mexico Lobos Betting Preview
The New Mexico Lobos look to win back to back games for the first time. New Mexico just beat Fresno State on the road last week. Dylan Hopkins is completing 57.8 percent of his passes for 1,949 yards, 11 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Caleb Medford and Jeremiah Hixon have combined for 959 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while D.J. Washington has 27 receptions. The New Mexico Lobos ground game is averaging 179.5 yards per contest, and Jacory Croskey-Merritt leads the way with 952 yards and 16 touchdowns. Defensively, New Mexico is allowing 34.3 points and 399.3 yards per game. Alec Marenco leads the New Mexico Lobos with 53 tackles, Kyler Drake has 2.5 sacks and Jermarius Lewis has 2 interceptions.
New Mexico Lobos Team Facts
- New Mexico has lost each of its last 11 November games at University Stadium.
- New Mexico has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- New Mexico has lost the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of New Mexico's last seven home games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
I'm not excited to get behind either of these teams, so that's why I'm leaning toward the over. The over is 7-3-1 for Utah State and 8-3 for New Mexico. The Utah State Aggies are 100th in total defense and 116th in scoring defense. The New Mexico Lobos are 96th in total defense and 120th in scoring defense. I expect some fireworks on Black Friday. Give me the over.