The FAU Owls and Rice Owls meet Saturday in week 13 college football action at Rice Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out the FAU vs Rice prediction.
FAU Owls Betting Preview
The FAU Owls look to snap a 3-game losing streak. FAU is coming off a blowout home loss to Tulane. Daniel Richardson is completing 64.7 percent of his passes for 1,908 yards, 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. LaJohntay Wester and Tony Johnson have combined for 1,490 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Je'Quan Burton has 24 receptions. The FAU Owls ground game is averaging 112 yards per contest, and Larry McCammon leads the way with 675 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, FAU is allowing 25.6 points and 391.2 yards per game. Jarron Morris leads the FAU Owls with 74 tackles, Decarius Hawthorne has 3.5 sacks and Jarrett Jerrels has 1 interception.
Florida Atlantic Owls Team Facts
- Florida Atlantic has lost nine of its last 10 games in November.
- The road team has covered the spread in five of Florida Atlantic's last six games.
- Florida Atlantic has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of Florida Atlantic's last six November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Rice Owls Betting Preview
The Rice Owls look for back to back wins to become bowl eligible. Rice is coming off a blowout road win over Charlotte. JT Daniels is completing 63.1 percent of his passes for 2,443 yards, 21 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Luke McCaffrey and Dean Connors have combined for 1,206 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns, while Dawson MacNiell has 25 receptions. The Rice Owls ground game is averaging 103.6 yards per contest, and Dean Connors leads the way with 632 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Rice is allowing 27.2 points and 378.3 yards per game. Plae Wyatt leads the Rice Owls with 69 tackles, Coleman Coco has 3 sacks and Tre'shon Devones has 2 interceptions.
Rice Owls Team Facts
- Rice has lost five of its last six games in November.
- Rice has covered the spread in each of its last four November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Rice has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Twelve of Rice's last 14 games at Rice Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
The FAU Owls look like a team that's given up the season, as they've lost 3 straight games, and they've scored a combined 15 points in their last 2 points. The Rice Owls have been inconsistent all year, but they're coming off a big win over Charlotte, and they're a win away from becoming bowl eligible. Motivation on the home team's side here. Give me Rice by a touchdown.