The Marshall Thundering Herd and the South Alabama Jaguars meet in college football action from Hancock Whitney Stadium on Saturday.
Marshall Takes Out Georgia Southern
The Marshall Thundering Herd come into this one looking to build on their 38-33 win over Georgia Southern to snap a four-game losing skid and to improve to 5-5 on the year. Cam Fancher has thrown for 1,948 yards, 8 touchdowns and 11 interceptions on 65% passing while Rasheen Ali has a team-high 932 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns. DeMarcus Harris has a team-high 362 receiving yards while Caleb Coombs has a team-high 33 receptions for 287 receiving yards. Another three Marshall receivers have 200+ receiving yards and another five have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. J.J. Roberts has a team-high 73 total tackles while Owen Porter and Sam Burton each have a team-high 5 sacks. Elijah Alston also has 4 sacks while Micah Abraham has a team-high 3 interceptions.
Marshall Thundering Herd Team Facts
- The home team has won seven of Marshall's last eight games.
- Marshall has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four road games.
- Marshall has lost the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Each of Marshall's last four November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
South Alabama Takes Down Arkansas State
The South Alabama Jaguars come into this one looking to build on their 21-14 win over Arkansas State last time out to improve to 5-5 on the year. Carter Bradley has thrown for 2,301 yards, 15 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 66.7% passing while La’Damian Webb has a team-high 890 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns. Kentrel Bullock also has 380 rushing yards while Caullin Lacy has a team-high 71 receptions for 1,096 yards and 6 touchdowns and Jamaal Pritchett has 44 grabs for 650 yards and 5 TDs. Another four receivers have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. Quentin Wilfawn leads the South Alabama defense with 70 total tackles and 4.5 sacks while Jaden Voisin has 3 interceptions. Trey Kiser has 3.5 sacks and Jamie Sheriff and Brock Higdon each have 3 sacks apiece as well this season.
South Alabama Jaguars Team Facts
- South Alabama has won five of its last six games in November.
- South Alabama has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- South Alabama has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of South Alabama's last three games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- South Alabama rank 39th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (21.1).
I’m siding with the under here. I get the case to be made for either side here and it’s a big game for both sides considering that a win would secure bowl eligibility for both so maybe I could make the case for Marshall and the points. But both have struggled offensively for the most part in recent weeks, and I could envision a low-scoring battle here. Give me the under.