Texas Longhorns (11-1) vs Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-3)
2023-12-02 12:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Texas Longhorns -14.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Oklahoma State Cowboys and the Texas Longhorns meet in the Big 12 Championship game from AT&T Stadium on Saturday afternoon. It’s the Big 12 title game from Jerry World, can the Cowboys halt Texas’ push for a College Football Playoff spot? Or will Oklahoma State get hooked by the Horns? Let’s dive in and find out. here is our Oklahoma State vs Texas Prediction.
Oklahoma State Team Preview
The Oklahoma State Cowboys punched their ticket to the Big 12 title game after a 9-3 record following a 40-34 win over BYU to finish the regular season. Alan Bowman has thrown for 2,808 yards, 10 touchdowns and 11 interceptions on 59.9% passing while Ollie Gordon II has rushed for 1,580 yards and 20 touchdowns this season. Brennan Presley leads Oklahoma State’s receiving group with 76 grabs for 746 yards and 5 TDs while Rashod Owens has 646 receiving yards on 49 grabs. Leon Johnson III has 446 receiving yards while Jaden Bray has 383 receiving yards and another five Cowboys have 100+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Nickolas Martin has a team-high 120 total tackles along with 6 sacks while Collin Oliver also has 6 sacks and Cameron Epps has 3 INTs this season.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Team Facts
- Oklahoma State has won 16 of its last 17 matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Oklahoma State has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog.
- Oklahoma State has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Oklahoma State’s last six games as an underdog at neutral venues have gone UNDER the total points line.
Texas Longhorns Team Preview
The Texas Longhorns finished the year with a record of 11-1 on the year, picking up their 6th straight win to close out the year with a 57-7 rout of Texas Tech last time out. Quinn Ewers has thrown for 2,709 yards, 17 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 69.8% passing while Jonathon Brooks has a team-high 1,139 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns while CJ Baxter has 552 rushing yards and Jaydon Blue has 306 rushing yards. Xavier Worthy leads Texas’ receiving group with 67 receptions for 883 yards and 5 TDs while Adonai Mitchell has 45 receptions for 704 yards and a team-high 9 touchdowns. Ja’Tavion Sanders has 31 receptions for 502 yards and Jordan Whittington has 387 receiving yards. On defense, Jaylan Ford has a team-high 88 total tackles and a pair of interceptions while Jerrin Thompson and Michael Taaffe each have 3 interceptions. Ethan Burke leads Texas’ defense with 5.5 sacks while Byron Murphy II has 5 sacks and Anthony Hill Jr. and Barryn Sorrell each have 4 sacks as well.
Texas Longhorns Team Facts
- Texas has won each of its last 13 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of the last six games between Oklahoma State and Texas.
- Texas has won the first quarter in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Texas has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Texas’ last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
I’m backing Oklahoma State here. I know the Longhorns need another win and maybe a convincing one at that to crack the college football playoffs, but I’m of the belief that style points are nice but a Big 12 championship stands out and without the Big 12 championship period, the Longhorns can kiss that one bye bye. The Cowboys have been one of the best turnaround stories in college football this season, and I think we see them throw everything at the Longhorns here in what has the potential to be an absolute classic. Give me the Cowboys and the points.