USC Trojans (5-0) vs Arizona Wildcats (3-2)
2023-10-07 22:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: USC Trojans -22 -- Over/Under: 72
(Get latest betting odds)
The Arizona Wildcats and USC Trojans meet Saturday in week 6 college football action at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Arizona Wildcats Betting Preview
The Arizona Wildcats look for their second road win to improve to 4-2 on the season. Arizona has lost 4 of its last 6 road games. Jayden de Laura is completing 69.6 percent of his passes for 1,069 yards, 9 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Tetairoa McMillan and Jacob Cowing have combined for 685 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Tanner McLachlan has 16 receptions. The Arizona Wildcats ground game is averaging 155.6 yards per contest, and Jonah Coleman leads the way with 220 yards on 32 carries. Defensively, Arizona is allowing 19 points and 346.2 yards per game. Jacob Manu leads the Arizona Wildcats with 47 tackles, Taylor Upshaw has 4.5 sacks and Tacario Davis has 4 pass deflections.
Arizona Wildcats Team Facts
- Arizona has lost each of its last 10 October games as an underdog.
- Arizona has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against top-10 AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona has lost the first half in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Arizona’s last nine games have gone UNDER the total points line.
USC Trojans Betting Preview
The USC Trojans look for their fourth home win to remain undefeated on the season. USC looks for back-to-back 6-0 starts to the season. Caleb Williams is completing 74.5 percent of his passes for 1,603 yards, 21 touchdowns and 1 interception. Tahj Washington and Brenden Rice have combined for 733 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, while Duce Robinson has 8 receptions. The USC Trojans ground game is averaging 172.6 yards per contest, and MarShawn Lloyd leads the way with 433 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, USC is allowing 24.2 points and 404.4 yards per game. Jaylin Smith leads the USC Trojans with 31 tackles, Solomon Byrd has 4.5 sacks and Max Williams has 1 interception.
USC Trojans Team Facts
- USC has won each of its last 14 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of USC’s last four games.
- USC has won the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents at United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- USC has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Twelve of USC’s last 13 games have gone OVER the total points line.
- USC ranked 3rd among FBS teams for points per game last season (41.4).
- USC ranked 4th among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (19.9).
- Arizona ranked T19th among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.583).
- Arizona ranked 20th among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (8.3).
The USC Trojans could obviously blow the doors off at home, and it would surprise nobody. However, Arizona deserves more respect than this, as the Wildcats can throw the ball successful and they’re one of the best defenses in the PAC-12. Arizona is 23rd against the run and 35th in scoring defense. Arizona took Mississippi State to overtime on the road and just lost to Washington by 7 points. Also, a weird spot for USC as it’s fresh off a hyped game against Colorado and has to go to Notre Dame next week. Lot of points. Give me the Arizona Wildcats.