2020-05-26 16:35:00 EDT
There have been a lot of great players that have come and went through Major League Baseball. Some players stood out for a full career, others stood out for one season. Let’s take a look at which players had the most plate appearances for a career.
1. Pete Rose is atop the list. Rose collected 15,890 plate appearances during his 24 year career. The 17x all-star finished his career with 4,256 hits, which is also a career record. He played his career from 1963-1986.
2. Carl Yastrzemski is 2nd on the list, registering 13,992 plate appearances. Yastrzemski played his career during the 1961-1983 seasons. During his 23 year career, the hall of fame member collected 3,419 hits.
3. Hank Aaron is 3rd on the list, thanks to a 23 year career that saw him play in at least 120 games in every season except 1. Aaron recorded 13,941 plate appearances during his career that stretched from 1954-1976. The hall of fame member and 25x all-star totaled 3,771 hits during those plate appearances.
4. Rickey Henderson is 4th on the list, due to a 25 year career. Henderson collected 13,346 plate appearances during the 1979-2002 seasons. The hall of fame member registered 3,055 hits during his career.
5. Ty Cobb rounds out the top 5, thanks to a long career that stretched from 1905-1928. Cobb collected 13,103 plate appearances during his 24 year career. The 12x batting title champion recorded 4,189 hits.
6. Cal Ripken Jr. is 6th, thanks to a lengthy career that stretched from 1981-2001. Cobb totaled 12,883 total bases during a 21 year career. The 8x silver slugger finished his career with 3,184 hits.
7. Eddie Murray is 7th, due to a career that started during 1977 and ended in 1997. Murray registered 12,817 plate appearances during his 21 year career. The hall of fame member finished his great career with 3,255 hits.
8. Stan Musial is 8th, after playing in the MLB for 22 seasons. Musial played his whole career for St. Louis from 1941-1963. He did not play the 1945 season, but still managed to collect 12,721 plate appearances. The hall of fame member and 24x all-star recorded 3,630 hits during his career.
9. Barry Bonds is 9th on the list, thanks to a career that went 22 seasons. Bonds totaled 12,606 plate appearances during his career from 1986-2007. The 14x all-star finished his career with 2,935 hits.
10. Derek Jeter rounds out the top 10, as he had a 20 year career in the MLB. Jeter finished with 12,602 plate appearances during his career that stretched from 1995-2014. The hall of fame member totaled 3,465 hits, as he played his whole career with the New York Yankees.