MLB Prop Bets: San Diego Padres vs New York Mets - October 7, 2022
2022-10-07 20:07:00 EDT
The San Diego Padres face the New York Mets at Citi Field in the MLB League Wild Card Round on Friday at 8:07pm (ET). Let’s take a look at the MLB Prop Bets for the matchup. The Mets are favored to win at -136, while the Padres are at +115. The total runs line is set at 6.0, with OVER at -121 and UNDER at +100.
- The Padres have a 75-82-5 O/U record this season (meaning 75 games have gone over the total runs line, 82 have gone under and five have resulted in a push). The Mets have a 86-68-8 O/U record.
- The Padres are averaging 4.4 runs per game this season (13th in the league). Comparatively, the Mets are averaging 4.8 (T5th).
- In the field, the Padres are allowing 4.1 runs per game this season (10th in the league), while the Mets are allowing an average of 3.7 runs (4th).
Let’s take a look at how these teams perform in some other key statistical areas.
- Looking at their batting averages this season, the Padres are at .241 (ranking 16th in the Major leagues), while the Mets are batting .259 (2nd).
- In terms of total home runs this season, the Mets have hit 171 (T15th in the Major Leagues). Meanwhile, the Padres have managed 153 (21st).
Runs Batted In
- Finally, looking at their runs batted in, the Padres have recorded 682 RBIs to rank 12th in the MLB this season. Comparatively, the Mets have recorded 735 RBIs to rank 6th.
Earned Run Average
- The Mets have an earned run average of 3.57 this season (7th in the Majors), while The Padres have an ERA of 3.81 (11th).
- Turning our attention to total strikeouts, the Padres have recorded 1451 this season, ranking 7th in the MLB. Meanwhile, the Mets rank 1st for total strikeouts, recording 1565.
Opponent Batting Average
- Opponents are batting an average of .236 against the Mets this season (11th in the Major Leagues). Comparatively, the Padres’ opponents are at .232 (9th).
First Innings Moneyline
- Here are their first innings moneyline records in 2022.
Lead After Three Innings
- Here are their records after the first three innings in 2022.
- The NRFI is 90-72 in Padres games this season. The Mets have a 77-85 NRFI record.
Last Time They Met
The Mets recorded an 8-5 victory over the Padres at Citi Field when these teams last met on July 24. Pete Alonso was unstoppable in that matchup, hitting a home run, a double and recording 4 RBIs. That result snapped the Padres’ four-game winning streak against the Mets.