Arizona Diamondbacks (89-80) vs Philadelphia Phillies (97-73)
2023-10-19 17:07:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks +105 / Philadelphia Phillies -115 --- Over/Under: 9
(Get latest betting odds)
The Philadelphia Phillies and Arizona Diamondbacks clash Thursday in game 3 of the NLCS playoffs at Chase Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview
The Philadelphia Phillies look to take a commanding 3-0 series lead with a victory here. The Phillies have outscored Arizona 15-3 in the first two games, and they’ve won 4 straight playoff games overall. The Phillies have been a balanced juggernaut up to this point, but their pitching has been the star of the show. Through 71 innings, the Phillies have a 1.39 ERA, 0.83 WHIP and 73 strikeouts. Offensively, Trea Turner leads the Phillies with 15 hits and 4 RBI, while Bryce Harper and Nick Castellanos have combined for 20 hits and 14 RBI. Ranger Suarez gets the ball, and he was 4-6 with a 4.18 ERA and 119 strikeouts this season. Suarez is 3-0 with a 1.16 ERA and 19 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Philadelphia Phillies Team Facts
- The Phillies have won eight of their last nine games.
- The Phillies have covered the run line each of their last nine games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Phillies have led after 7 innings in each of their last nine games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Phillies’ last eight games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Phillies have won the first inning in each of their last three games against NL West opponents.
Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Preview
The Arizona Diamondbacks need a win here to get back in the series. The Diamondbacks have been a letdown through two games, and both the lineup and pitchers are to blame. Yes, the Diamondbacks pitching has allowed 15 runs, but the batters have produced just 8 hits and struck out 23 times. This hasn’t been the same team we saw from the Brewers and Dodgers. Offensively, Ketel Marte leads the Diamondbacks with 10 hits and 4 RBI, while Corbin Carroll and Tommy Pham have combined for 15 hits and 5 RBI. Brandon Pfaadt gets the ball, and he was 3-9 with a 5.72 ERA and 94 strikeouts this season. Pfaadt is 0-0 with a 3.86 ERA and 6 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Arizona Diamondbacks Team Facts
- The Diamondbacks have won each of their last six games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last seven home games against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six games against NL East opponents.
- The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks’ last four day games at Chase Field.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are an attractive option at home with the pls money, as their season is pretty much on the line here. However, I’d need more bang for my buck for me to pull the trigger. The Philadelphia Phillies have been the most balanced and impressive team throughout these playoffs, and they don’t look worried about the Diamondbacks, at least through two games. Everything is clicking for the Phillies right now, and I’m not eager to step in front of them in their current form. We also can’t ignore that Pfaadt is a 25-year-old rookie and has overwhelming pressure on his shoulders in this spot. I’d need more plus money to look Arizona’s way. Give me the Phillies and the cheap price.