The Baltimore Orioles and Boston Red Sox clash Sunday in game 3 of an MLB series at Fenway Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Baltimore Orioles Betting Preview
The Orioles look to build on their 7-game winning streak. The Orioles have a 4-game lead in the AL East. The Orioles pitching staff is 13th in ERA (4.06), 11th in WHIP (1.27) and 9th in quality starts (61). The Orioles' offense is 6th in runs per game (5.14), 8th in batting average (.259) and 15th in homers (168). Adley Rutschman leads the Orioles with 141 hits and 70 RBI, while Anthony Santander and Austin Hays have combined for 266 hits and 142 RBI. Grayson Rodriguez gets the ball, and he is 5-3 with a 4.91 ERA and 104 strikeouts this season. This will be Rodriguez’s first career game against the Red Sox.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won each of their last 10 road games against American League opponents.
- The Orioles have covered the run line each of their last eight day games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Orioles have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The Orioles have led after 5 innings in each of their last eight road games against American League opponents.
Boston Red Sox Betting Preview
The Red Sox look to snap a rough 4-game losing streak. The Red Sox are 7 games back in the AL wild card race. The Red Sox pitching staff is 22nd in ERA (4.63), 20th in WHIP (1.36) and 27th in quality starts (38). The Red Sox offense is 8th in runs per game (5.01), 3rd in batting average (.264) and 16th in homers (168). Masataka Yoshida leads the Red Sox with 142 hits and 68 RBI, while Rafael Devers and Justin Turner have combined for 281 hits and 186 RBI. Brayan Bello gets the ball, and he is 11-8 with a 3.61 ERA and 113 strikeouts this season. This will be Bello’s second career game against the Orioles.
Boston Red Sox Team Facts
- The Red Sox have lost each of their last eight home games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 14 day games against AL East opponents following a loss.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last seven games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last five day games between the Orioles and Red Sox.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games as home favorites against AL East opponents.
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 1st in the league for doubles this season (310).
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 3rd in the league for hits this season (1294).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 3rd in the league for doubles this season (274).
- The Baltimore Orioles are one of only 5 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
Can anybody make this line makes sense for me? The Orioles have been one of the most consistent teams in the league this season, they're a money printing machine for bettors, and they've won 7 straight overall. The Red Sox have lost 4 straight games, and they're all but out of the wild card conversation. Sure, Brayan Bello has been a better pitcher than Grayson Rodriguez, but the gap isn't that wide. I'm just not in the business of fading the Orioles in their current form, especially when getting plus money. Give me the O's.